Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Upgraded to a 2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Upgraded to a 2004

I bought my first truck a year ago, it was an 01 f150. Was a great truck I had a lot of fun in it. This past weekend I sold it and I bought an 04. I really need a crewcab and the 01 was an extended cab. Wish I could of kept the 01, but I needed the crewcab and the 04 gets a lot better gas mileage. I bought this truck with a custom dual exhaust, I love the sound of it. I'm curious on other mods I can do. Would like to lift it, but it has brand new tires. I find no reason to buy new tires. If you guys have any ideas throw them at me.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Upgraded to a 2004-image-1920281977.jpg   Upgraded to a 2004-image-3997626583.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 06:44 PM
F150 Life

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nsejda
I bought my first truck a year ago, it was an 01 f150. Was a great truck I had a lot of fun in it. This past weekend I sold it and I bought an 04. I really need a crewcab and the 01 was an extended cab. Wish I could of kept the 01, but I needed the crewcab and the 04 gets a lot better gas mileage. I bought this truck with a custom dual exhaust, I love the sound of it. I'm curious on other mods I can do. Would like to lift it, but it has brand new tires. I find no reason to buy new tires. If you guys have any ideas throw them at me.

Thanks!
You got a great lookin truck there! Looks like it's already leveled.. if you're wanting a lift, I'd start there, unless you're thinkin it's not the time yet, then I'd maybe look into the sound system? it really depends on what YOU want, some people prefer updates that others don't? Personally, I'd throw some Halo headlights on, tint the windows and get the sound system bumpin first! Then throw a lift whenever you're ready.

if you're looking for ideas, check out the 04-08 picture thread! Gave me a lot of cool update ideas just seeing what others have done to their trucks.. Start a truck build thread ofr you truck and throw up pics on what you end up doing and show you progress, I'm stoked for you man, this is where the fun begins!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by americanford89
You got a great lookin truck there! Looks like it's already leveled.. if you're wanting a lift, I'd start there, unless you're thinkin it's not the time yet, then I'd maybe look into the sound system? it really depends on what YOU want, some people prefer updates that others don't? Personally, I'd throw some Halo headlights on, tint the windows and get the sound system bumpin first! Then throw a lift whenever you're ready.

if you're looking for ideas, check out the 04-08 picture thread! Gave me a lot of cool update ideas just seeing what others have done to their trucks.. Start a truck build thread ofr you truck and throw up pics on what you end up doing and show you progress, I'm stoked for you man, this is where the fun begins!
I'm interested in getting a double din and subs under the back seat, but I honestly don't understand anything that has to do with systems. I'm gonna look for a well known installer around my area to see what they can do. I am getting a quote for the windows to get tinted. Unfortunately the truck is showing rust around the quarter panels around the wheel welds. Thank you for the idea on checking on the pic thread.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nsejda
I'm interested in getting a double din and subs under the back seat, but I honestly don't understand anything that has to do with systems. I'm gonna look for a well known installer around my area to see what they can do. I am getting a quote for the windows to get tinted. Unfortunately the truck is showing rust around the quarter panels around the wheel welds. Thank you for the idea on checking on the pic thread.
A after market radio and subs are a great addition to a truck. I got two 12 inch subs installed under the back seat of my truck and I love them. You got to do some research on the match up on the sub and box but it'd worth every penny
Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't forget about the little things! I am installing homelink in my truck next week along with switching the interior lights to LED.

Homelink:
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

LED's:
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/interior-leds-228188/
Old 10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
F150 Life

Originally Posted by Lackeys'GT
Don't forget about the little things! I am installing homelink in my truck next week along with switching the interior lights to LED.

Homelink:
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

LED's:
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/interior-leds-228188/
_________

good thinking!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would start looking at programmers first, I have the Edge Evo and its the best money I have ever spent on my truck. I wish I hadn't of waited as long as I did to put one on my truck, it's amazing how much better they make these trucks perform.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:55 AM
F150 Life

Originally Posted by Sanny
I would start looking at programmers first, I have the Edge Evo and its the best money I have ever spent on my truck. I wish I hadn't of waited as long as I did to put one on my truck, it's amazing how much better they make these trucks perform.
Sanny how are you liking your programmer? I just purchased one and am awaiting it's arrival ... so excited to see what a difference it will make to my 5.4
Old 10-02-2014, 11:58 AM
F150 Life

Another small thing you could do nsejda is get a lockable fuel door! love mine.. I mainly purchased it because when I first bought my truck it didn't have a fuel door. I think I paid under $100 for it, but I personally love the look.
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by americanford89
Sanny how are you liking your programmer? I just purchased one and am awaiting it's arrival ... so excited to see what a difference it will make to my 5.4
I think your going to pretty happy with the difference its going to feel like a whole new truck, like I said it's by far the best money I have spent on my truck. I haven't messed around with it as far as custom tunes or things like that go, I just leave on the #2 Tow setting and that works great for me. Sweet looking truck BTW.

Quick Reply: Upgraded to a 2004