Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Underdrive Pulleys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underdrive Pulleys?

Alright so I was looking at underdrive pulleys for my '04 and it seemed like BBK had a good selection on the 3 piece underdrive pulley kit. Does anyone know anything about them, have them on their truck, or know if they even help? Good and bad reviews? I could go searching for hours on google about them but why not do it on here, my F150 brothers alike haha. I was looking at them mainly to help with a few hp but also because they look good on the motor. All input is greatly appreciated and if you have them where did you buy them from at a good price?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM
NashBulldawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the ASP underdrive pulleys on my truck about a month ago. Im getting ready to do a little write up on them here soon. I just want a little more time to gauge my Fuel economy to see what i gained. This is purely my opinions as i have not had my truck dyno'd yet...waiting on my programmer to arrive. Just so you know you will not "Gain" HP but you will free up some that is being lost to parasitic drag. You will free up 8-10 HP with no custom tune for your truck. With a custom tune it can be between 10-14HP. You will also get about 1 extra MPG out of them. YOu will notice a little more "go" all the way through the powerband. I think your best bet for mods go like this...Exhaust, Pulleys, Efan, Custom Tunes with a Intake. Hope that help's, let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the information. Where from and how much were your pulleys? I already have an exhaust and intake I was looking for the pulleys next. Alos, what will an efan do?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just got my troyer performance underdrive pulleys and gatorback belt in the mail today cant wait to get it on the truck and see!! like stated above i have cai, exhaust, troyer efans, and an edge tuner now im going to top that with the underdrive pulleys and a bbk ported throttle body i should see afew more ponies to wake the beast up even more than it already has lol!! oh and i got a set of headers sitting here but i dont think im putting them on if anyones interested!! they are obx mid tube headers im not gonna hijack the thread so pm me if interested!!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Very nice. How much for the pulleys and from where? Also, how much are you asking for the headers?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i paid 275 i think for the pulleys and the new belt at www.troyerperformance.com as for the headers im not sure on a price i paid 330 for them shipped and they are still brand new!!

Quick Reply: Underdrive Pulleys?