Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Turning my 8" procomp into a 5" procomp lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Turning my 8" procomp into a 5" procomp lift

Hey all
Just more or less looking for some opinions on this.
I currently have an 06 s.crew it has a procomp 6" lift on it, 2" bilstein front Leveling strut.. 5.5" block in the rear as well as a add a leaf.
I am running 315 70 17 tires.
I have been running larger tires since I've got this truck at 80k miles.(285 75 or larger)
I put a transmission in this truck at 108k. (Happens) I just put another tranny in my truck at 138k. (Monster transmission the second time around. Total piece of spit right out of the box)

I've got about 6 grand tied up into tranny problems at the moment so I'm looking at tires maybe adding to this problem a bit.
I've already decided I will be putting a set of 255 80 17s on this truck.
The only other thing on my mind is I have thought about replacing my procomp 6" spacer with a 3" hbs Leveling kit effectively making a 5" lift in the front combined with the bilstein Leveling struts I already have. The back I would remove the 5.5" block and either go back to a factory 2" or buy a 1.5" block.

Looking for some opinions on this.. Really trying to get away from the roller skate look and clear up some of the other issues..pinion angle in the rear and a somewhat binding front shaft being the 2 big ones.
I know the procomp drop crossmembers are at 6" but it would be essentially the same as lowering a stock knuckled truck 1", I just wonder about how the rack and pinion would be effected...two minor details that I'm sure won't be a big deal but again I'm just looking for some input.
Thanks! Will post some pics if I go through with it.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Built not Bought

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why dont you just buy coilovers for a 6" lift. You could then just adjust them to the height you want. 35's really shouldn't be destroying your tranny..

Pm'd
Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just would really like to stick with the bilsteins I've got as they are still only a year old.. Maybe change it up in the future once they wear out.
And yeah it's a 5.4 with 3.55s but your right it shouldn't be tires killing it.. I truly believe monster transmission just builds a piece of **** product but id like to change it up to something smaller also, I'm a construction millwright and I'm always here there and everywhere sometimes up to 500 miles on a given trip so id just like something a little more highway friendly.. I sure will miss the bigger boots though

Quick Reply: Turning my 8" procomp into a 5" procomp lift