Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Turn signal lever malfunction after replacement

Old 07-23-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turn signal lever malfunction after replacement

Hello guys, Charles here new to forum. in the past, i've benefited a time or two from other threads but now have a issue that i can't seem to figure out. recently replaced my turn signal lever - as the old one completely broke off. after replacing then reconnecting everything, i realized it didn't automatically turn off when making a left hand turn; however works fine on the right side. when it initially broke, there was a spring that came from somewhere but i've not been able to figure out where it came from or if it was simply a broken piece of the lever that would be replaced with the new unit.

Also, my high beams do not when i press the lever forward to remain bright, but it does works when I pull back to flash them.

does any of this sound familiar to you guys and if so, any suggestion to how to fix.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 07-24-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBty07
Hello guys, Charles here new to forum. in the past, i've benefited a time or two from other threads but now have a issue that i can't seem to figure out. recently replaced my turn signal lever - as the old one completely broke off. after replacing the reconnecting everything, i realized it didn't automatically turn off when making a left hand turn; however works fine on the right side. when it initially broke, there was a spring that came from somewhere but i've not been able to figure out where it came from or if it was simply a broken piece of the lever that would be replaced with the new unit.

Also, my high beams do not when i press the lever forward to remain bright, but it does works when I pull back to flash them.

does any of this sound familiar to you guys and if so, any suggestion to how to fix.

this happened to me, except for your issue with the turn signal. i ended up getting it replaced because it actually fell out of the port. my high beams still don't work when i push forward, but works if i flash people. weird problem.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cmorales30
this happened to me, except for your issue with the turn signal. i ended up getting it replaced because it actually fell out of the port. my high beams still don't work when i push forward, but works if i flash people. weird problem.
in the installation video i used to install mines, it asked that you remove a "spring" from the old unit and place in the new; however, i didn't see any spring in the old unit. i wonder if this somehow fell out and if so, if it's causing the high beam to not stay on. did you have the dealership replace yours or someone else? i would think the dealership would know what caused it. it is weird.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:34 PM

Default Turn signal lever malfunction after replacement

I had our family mechanic do it. I didn't want to mess anything up with my steering wheel etc., so I got a whole new turn signal kit. I think I found it online for like less than $110 then had them install. Yeah it's weird why that happens.. I thought I was the only one with that problem, i guess not!
Old 07-28-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cmorales30
I had our family mechanic do it. I didn't want to mess anything up with my steering wheel etc., so I got a whole new turn signal kit. I think I found it online for like less than $110 then had them install. Yeah it's weird why that happens.. I thought I was the only one with that problem, i guess not!
....UPDATE....oddly enough, it all started working. Auto signal and bright lights. Not sure why but I hope it stays.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:03 PM

Default Turn signal lever malfunction after replacement

Originally Posted by BlkBty07
....UPDATE....oddly enough, it all started working. Auto signal and bright lights. Not sure why but I hope it stays.
Good to hear! Hope it stays like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn signal lever malfunction after replacement