Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tuner won't read the PCM??

Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner won't read the PCM??

Hey guys. I have a Sniper tuner and my CEL is on. The Sniper can't read the PCM it says...any ideas?? Now a few weeks ago, my CEL came on, went to autozone and there tuner said I had no power to my OBDII. So I looked for the blown fuse...found it replaced it, took it back down there and the code was a bad fuel sending unit. I have yet to replace it though. I have checked the PCM fuse again and it is good. What would meke that fuse blow in the first place. I beleive it's fuse #41. And it's also idleing really low and even shuts down and red lights now.....I have no idea whats goin on......Thanks for any help!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCKOFAMA
Hey guys. I have a Sniper tuner and my CEL is on. The Sniper can't read the PCM it says...any ideas?? Now a few weeks ago, my CEL came on, went to autozone and there tuner said I had no power to my OBDII. So I looked for the blown fuse...found it replaced it, took it back down there and the code was a bad fuel sending unit. I have yet to replace it though. I have checked the PCM fuse again and it is good. What would meke that fuse blow in the first place. I beleive it's fuse #41. And it's also idleing really low and even shuts down and red lights now.....I have no idea whats goin on......Thanks for any help!
What kind of truck do you have and what Sniper system do you have?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Combat Trucker

id take it out and call the manufacturer. they could tell you more than any of us.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by Rainman
id take it out and call the manufacturer. they could tell you more than any of us.
I have experience with the Sniper unit.......I might be able to walk him through this if I had more information
Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by djquik1
I have experience with the Sniper unit.......I might be able to walk him through this if I had more information
I'm sorry...It's a 2004 F150 New body style with a 4.6
Old 04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I do not have experience with the Sniper software but I do with several other tuners. Is the software and firmware up to date for the unit? This hads cased complications for some SCT and other devices.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by BUCKOFAMA
I'm sorry...It's a 2004 F150 New body style with a 4.6
What Sniper unit do you have as well?
Commando or Special forces?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:50 PM

I have the Sniper Special Forces Tuner. I found that my sniper will let me tune the truck but will not read trouble codes the recon wont work on the truck because its a PPC computer , Recon only works on the EEC-V computer. Went to Auto Zone and the CEL code is the Idle Air Control reading low speed, hence the idle is going wacko. So Do I need a new IAC or should I try cleaning it? Thanks again for all the help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuner won't read the PCM??