Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tuner/Tire Size - Does it change the MPG display

Old 08-25-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Default Tuner/Tire Size - Does it change the MPG display

Looking at a tuner to account for the 275/70's I want to run. For those that used a tuner (SCT preferably?), when you change tire size for the speedometer, has anyone confirmed it's also changing the MPG readout.

Reason for question: MPG calculation could be an entirely separate part of the software from the speedometer.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dyeguy1212
Looking at a tuner to account for the 275/70's I want to run. For those that used a tuner (SCT preferably?), when you change tire size for the speedometer, has anyone confirmed it's also changing the MPG readout.

Reason for question: MPG calculation could be an entirely separate part of the software from the speedometer.
I have SCT Livewire and went through the recalibration after changing from 18" to 20" wheels/tires. I used the revs per mile data from Tire Rack website. My speedo is spot on and MPG calculation is as accurate as before.

I suspect the speedo/odometer is only one of the data points in calculating MPG. Make it accurate and your MPG reading will reflect accordingly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuner/Tire Size - Does it change the MPG display