Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuner question

ok, since no one has seemed to have this problem or at least help me with it, i emailed SCT. once i tune the truck with the canned tune on a completely factory truck, i get a check engine light and the wrench icon to light up. the code im getting is p060c which is INTERNAL CONTROL MODULE MAIN PROCESSOR PERFORMANCE. sct said that i should take my truck to the dealer. there is no problem when i return to stock, so if i take it to the dealer arent they going to say sorry about your luck it voids your warranty anyway.(i have factory warranty and extended warranty left, only 11k miles on truck)
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosaliniee
ok, since no one has seemed to have this problem or at least help me with it, i emailed SCT. once i tune the truck with the canned tune on a completely factory truck, i get a check engine light and the wrench icon to light up. the code im getting is p060c which is INTERNAL CONTROL MODULE MAIN PROCESSOR PERFORMANCE. sct said that i should take my truck to the dealer. there is no problem when i return to stock, so if i take it to the dealer arent they going to say sorry about your luck it voids your warranty anyway.(i have factory warranty and extended warranty left, only 11k miles on truck)
Talk about a catch 22 I would see about getting a cust tune that might solve I loaded a vmp 87%
eco tune in mine and nock on wood no codes

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 09-04-2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 PM

i do want custom tunes, i have an airaid intake and am deciding(pretty much know, just waiting to spend the money) on exhaust before i get the tune made
Old 09-05-2008, 01:21 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosaliniee
i do want custom tunes, i have an airaid intake and am deciding(pretty much know, just waiting to spend the money) on exhaust before i get the tune made
a cat back system is not going to require a big tuning modification, if any at all.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Get a custom tune.. If the same problem happens again you might have a bad tuner.. It might not be loading the tunes right..
Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM

sct made me a custom tune, not including my intake or future exhaust. it worked without check engine light or wrench. but i havent driven to see any changes yet.

Quick Reply: tuner question