Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

tune question please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune question please help

ok, so i have been hearing all of these conversations about tunes going on for as long as i have been a member of this forum. the only thing is, i dont know the first thing about them and from what i hear you need them to make some mods work with your engine (i.e CAI, wider exhaust tubing) so my question is can someone please explain and help me understand what exactly these tunes do? Thanks
Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by clayshooter
ok, so i have been hearing all of these conversations about tunes going on for as long as i have been a member of this forum. the only thing is, i dont know the first thing about them and from what i hear you need them to make some mods work with your engine (i.e CAI, wider exhaust tubing) so my question is can someone please explain and help me understand what exactly these tunes do? Thanks
You can tune a bone stock vehicle and get more power out of it. The tune changes the spark curve and the Mass air Flow curve for better air fuel ration. It removes some of the inhibitors and limitors put there from the factory. You will get better fuel mileage ( if you don't play with the new power) Your engine will run better. It might not be something you can feel, but if its dyno tuned you will be able to see the difference. A good programmer will adjust the transmission shift pressures without hurting the transmission. If you have any other questions just let me know. I will be glad to answer them.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i guess i kinda lied earlier, i do know somethings about tunes i guess my real question is how do you get specific tunes. do they already come pre written or do you have to get it written specifically for your truck, also if anyone could explain why one is needed for specific CAI's and Wider pipes that would be kinda awesome.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

When you order your tunes either thru Troyer Performance or VMP you tell them any mods you have done to your truck and they build the tunes. I know with Troyer it's a 4 page data sheet you have to fill out and with VMP you simply fill out the information on his website and if there's not enough room you email him the additional specifics.

Quick Reply: tune question please help