Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

A True Off Road Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 PM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A True Off Road Bumper

HEY EVERYONE,
i'M LOOKING FOR A TRUE OFF-ROAD FRONT AND REAR BUMPER...IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING WESTIN OR EVEN CHROME. JUST SOMETHING SERIOUSLY STRONG...I DONT CARE ABOUT WEIGHT...HELL THE HEAVIER=STRONGER THE BETTER I NEED IT FOR MORE FUNCTION THAN FLASH. I DNOT NEED A WINCH BUT IF IT COMES WITH ONE, ILL TAKE IT. AND AS USUAL, THE BEST PRICE AND PLACE TO BUY FROM. IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY INFO AT ALL IT WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED. THANKS
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

For the best price I would check out boondock bumpers, they make some great bumpers and are cheaper then the other places.

You might also want to check out Ranchand or Frontier Gear as well.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The Ranchands are the best offraod bumper IMO.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God damn guys boondock and ranch hand!!??? WTF? you guys seriously need to get out.....there are many more better styled and beter built bumpers out there...way to give some bad advice on here....boondock and frontier are paperweights!!!!!! Ranchhand is downright UGLY

Fab Fours, IRON BULL, Road Armor, Alien Patrol....and so so many more...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:08 AM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

read the guys post man he doesnt sound like he cares about looks
Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 AM

My point is if you can have the function that you want and not have to deal with a hideous piece of crap on the front end, why not
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

He also said he did not need a winch which I would think includes a fair lead for a winch. I have personally installed and seen the Ranchands pulled on beat on and they come back for more. I have not seen those other bumpers, or if I did I was not impressed by them enough to ask what they were.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 AM

I have seen Boondock bend like a soda can, I have seen frontier crumple the same....Ranchhand are stout but they aren't for offroading they are way way way to heavy and the corners are weak, only the center section is stout, plus they are for ranching and they are absolutely hideous looking, something out of the 1970's era....new trucks new styling.... Road Armor takes forever if you get it at all but they have a good product, Fab Fours is great but over prices, Alien Patrol is Road Armor but under a different name, same customer service issues...IRON BULL is great with a great price, Buckstop is Decent with ok pricing, Winch Ready is junk, Trail Ready is even worse....I can go on and on and on if you want some real good information...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
F150 Forum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to hear from the guy who is a vendor for Iron Bull Bumpers on this forum! BoonDock's guarantees our bumpers are just as good as the other guys & also have enough class not to cut down our competition, there are other great bumper manufactures out there, it is all a matter of the customers personal preference and price range![/SIZE] [SIZE=4]By the way, where exactly did you see one of our bumpers "crumble"? What truck was it on? We are growing like crazy but we still know who & where our customers are. We have had 2 customers contact us after being in a wreck and 1 that hit a huge mule deer in NM, all three were contacting us to thank us for saving their truck! We are having a new website deisgned and once its up there will be a customer testimonials page. Even now we are not going to be cutting down your product, I dont know anything about Iron Bull Bumpers but I'm sure they are a good product, like I said, its all up to the customer!

Last edited by Jon; 09-01-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I saw a Ranch Hand on a Ram today and it seemed like the bumper was too short. The plastic inner fenders hung down below the bumper.

Quick Reply: A True Off Road Bumper