Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck wont fire?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck wont fire?

My 04' F150 5.4L quit on me last night at work. I went to start it and it took 3 tries of on, off, to get it to start at lunch. It usually fires right up, then when i went to leave, it would just turn over, but wont fire. Had a coworker try to listen for the Fuel pump to kick on, but we couldn't hear it.

Could this be the Fuel Pump Drive Module? Or am i looking at a new pump? I'm about to go tow it and check the fuse. I can't imagine ill get that lucky and it only be the fuse though.

I just replaced the spark plugs 2 weeks ago, and it's ran great since, so i'm kind of lost on this!

Thanks,
Hunter!
Old 09-19-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

it could definately be the fpdm. i would try replacing it before you pay for a tow it might save you a lot of money easy to replace
Old 09-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

I would drop the spare tire and have a look... it very well could be. *IF* you check the fuses and you find your fuel pump fuse is blown then replacing it may blow it again if it is the FPDM. On the flip side, if you replace the FPDM and it still won't start, check if that fuse is blown (on my dad's, it took the fuse out with it due to shorting).

It doesn't take long to check though, I would look at it.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys very much appreciated! Pulled my FPDM off, and it was corroded pretty good, but not through. Replaced it and it fired right up! So glad i didn't drop the tank and replace the whole pump!

Quick Reply: Truck wont fire?