Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck Rack that will work with my tonneau cover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Truck Rack that will work with my tonneau cover?

Hi,
I am looking for a truck bed rack I can use on my 06' Ford F150. I currently have an Access Roll Up Cover on it which I will like to continue to use with the new rack. I am not that familiar with truck racks that works together with tonneau covers, and how good do they really work. I came over the Adarac when doing some research online, and so far this is the only one I have found that it said to be compatible. Please let me know if you have any experience with this one, or any other suggestions for me?

Here is a link:
http://www.adarac.com/
Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Lineman

Try Backrack, I know they have tonneau cover adapters, and I have a backrack and it is amazing
Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM
PURAVIDA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Bestop has some options. But they are pricy.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Richard02
Try Backrack, I know they have tonneau cover adapters, and I have a backrack and it is amazing
The backrack looks like a good quality rack, but it isn't exactly what I was looking for, I want a truck bed rack where my ladders are laying horizontal. With the backrack they will be at angle. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Lineman

Oh ok, sorry, Id say make your own, my dad has a 99 F350, hes a carpenter and made his own rack, this thing is SOLID

Name:  104.jpg
Views: 2233
Size:  285.4 KB

Id say make your own just like this, Weve had this thing loaded with lumber and it is perfect, the back piece removes so he can haul mulch or gravel type materials easily.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Default Adarac with Peragon Cover

Anyone have any pics and information about this combination. I ordered the Adarac and the Peragon Cover yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone else had any pics or info on how they did it. I have the link from the Peragon site. Just wondering if anyone had any more info or advice the subject. I know that you have to do a little modifying for it to work correctly. I could wait and see for myself but who wants to wait!

Thanks in advance...

Jerry
Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jerry,
Please let me know how this turns out. I am looking to do something similar... challenge on my end is that i want something that is a little more flexible... i have a thule cargo box that i would like to mount lower than cab height when going skiing, but i need a tall rack for carrying my ocean kayaks. I have been all over the forums and nothing that will really work i don't think.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM

I just finished installing this combo today. The adjustments required with adarac are very, very minor. In a few days when I get a minute I'll post pics of the process and describe what I have done. You basically have to move your rails about a 1/4 to the outside of your truck rails. They overlap over the Peragon Gasket seal on the outside of their cover a bit but seems to work great! Again, very easy modification. Cost me 4 bucks. Pics and explanation to come in a few days!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by WTWC
I just finished installing this combo today. The adjustments required with adarac are very, very minor. In a few days when I get a minute I'll post pics of the process and describe what I have done. You basically have to move your rails about a 1/4 to the outside of your truck rails. They overlap over the Peragon Gasket seal on the outside of their cover a bit but seems to work great! Again, very easy modification. Cost me 4 bucks. Pics and explanation to come in a few days!
Okay... been a bit longer than I thought but I'm going to give it a shot.

The rails mount in the pocket holes on the truck. If you mount them as is, they are a bit too close to the inside of the rails and move the peragon cover inward when tightening them up. Here was my solution.

They give you this foam to put in the pocket holes so that the first brachet can sit in there. From my experience, it takes a lot more than those little foam blocks on an F150 to keep the bracket from falling in. I used some of the foam from the Peragon Cover to shove in first and fill up some of the room. Otherwise you are dropping all the pieces down the pocket hole. If you don't have any small children handy, it might be difficult to fish them back out.

First, I trimmed my factory bed rails covers a tiny bit. It almost looks like a tab to be removed on the inside of the pocket hole.

Name:  IMG_4518.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  75.3 KB
Name:  IMG_4519.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  100.6 KB

Now, with that tiny bit of the bed rail cover trimmed, you can fit these washers a little closer to the outside of the pocket hole. It took three on mine to fill the gap from the bracket up to being flush with the top of the hole. This is flush with the truck rail. Not the top of the bed rail cover.

Name:  IMG_4521.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  109.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4523.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  93.6 KB

If you look at this bottom picture, you notice that this allows the main bracket to be slide to the outside slightly under the bed rail. The washers allow it to go over about .5".
Otherwise, if you use the factory brackets, it looks like this.
Name:  IMG_4520.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  101.0 KB

You can see how the hole will not allow any leeway to move inward so that the rails do not contact your Peragon cover.
Now you can place the other Adarac brackets on top of this and aligning up the holes.

Name:  IMG_4522.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  118.3 KB

Now you can see there is a tiny gap between the rails when mounted and your Peragon cover.
Name:  IMG_4526.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  86.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4525.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  106.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4524.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  95.3 KB

It does overlap about half of the gasket from the outside of the Peragon Cover. I have had it on for a while now and have no troubles with it. The Adarac has a foam bottom and it conforms to the gasket which is very thin.[B]
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM

And here it is completed.

Name:  IMG_4940.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  110.1 KB
Name:  IMG_4939.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4937.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  86.5 KB
Name:  IMG_4936.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  102.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4938.gif
Views: 1688
Size:  207.1 KB

Hope this helps! Sorry for hijacking so much space with pictures.

Last edited by WTWC; 01-19-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck Rack that will work with my tonneau cover?