Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck Instrument Cluster Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Instrument Cluster Confusion

I have a 2008 F150 STK 4.6 V8 that had the parking brake light come on randomly about 2 months ago. I looked into it and it sounded like the issues with a short on the cluster. Before I pulled the cluster it started working like normal so I did not worry about it. last week it started back up this time with both the parking and ABS light but there was no pattern to it. now it has calmed down and is very consistent,

over 19 mph = both parking and ABS lights are on
headlights on = abs light on, left turn signal light(cluster only) is solid, left headlight is dim

I had oreillys try to pull codes and they came up with P115E but then all issues stopped for the rest of the night

they came back on this morning and I had my equipment with me so I tested it

headlights on = B1676 (ABS CODE) - no DTC
all other conditions registered no codes on either system.

Any idea what it might be or what I should be testing? the cluster repair shop does not think it is a short on the cluster, but for a couple hundred bucks would try their luck. (last resort)

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:21 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You may have an "actual" issue with the braking system. Remove each rim/tire one at a time, and inspect the ABS wheel speed sensor at that wheel for built up brake dust or damage. Sometimes a piece of road debris damages one of these sensors.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 03-04-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Truck Instrument Cluster Confusion