Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck giving me the blues

Old 04-25-2016, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck giving me the blues

Took a trip this weekend and on the way back I had a blow out. Got the spare on the truck and got back on the road. Sunday morning after looking into it my front tires are wearing really bad on the front end. Driver side blew and the passenger side looks like it could go at any moment. I know I have a cracked spring on the drivers side but what else is causing the truck to do this? My tire blew at the side wall.

Truck giving me the blues-image-1256307796.jpg
Old 04-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Alignment/ball joints
Old 04-25-2016, 11:26 AM

After doing all my home work it seems like this issue is pretty common. I don't get why this **** keeps happening to my self and every one else.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:51 PM

Received 268 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
After doing all my home work it seems like this issue is pretty common. I don't get why this **** keeps happening to my self and every one else.
Chassis parts just wear out over time. How many miles on your rig? Have they ever been changed? If both your tires are worn on the inside, that's some pretty excessive negative camber.

Why would you take a trip knowing you have a cracked spring?
Old 04-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

A tire blown from the sidewall would normally be from weather rot or sidewall damage due to impact.
The wear on the inside treads is the product of misalignment that could be from hitting something and or loose suspension parts. A broken strut spring is certainly a loose/worn part. There are possibly other items worn and loose.
You need to have the front suspension completely inspected, make the necessary repairs and then have the alignment done. To do an alignment with any loose parts up front is a total waste of time and money.
If you wish to make the inspection yourself, there are some very good tutorials on YouTube that will walk you through the process. Same for making the repairs.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:05 AM

I took the the trip which was only about a 100 miles both ways. Because I was told the cracked spring is common and it really would mess up anything it just needs to be replaced.

I'm going to have the front end looked at once I get my hands on some tires. I must say between this and the other issues it has me thinking about moving on. I like the truck I really do but some of the problems I see you guys dealing with I don't hear about with other trucks but I don't know. I'm going to try and get it fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck giving me the blues