Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

which truck to get

Old 10-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which truck to get

Hey everyone I am new to this thread and plan on staying here for a while. I am going to be getting a new truck very soon by December the latest and i wanted to know which one to go for. Okay first I WILL be taking the truck off road occasionally. I was thinking about the 2008 F150 supercrew FX4 mainly because of the off road capabillty. But then i thought about just getting a 2008 Lariat with 4x4. So basically my real question is should i go for the FX4 or just get the lariat with 4x4? If you could explain me the extras the FX4 has over the lariat that would be great.

Jon
Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM

As far as I know, the FX4 doesn't have any chrome. The best place I can think of to compare would be http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/?space=Trucks
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the FX4 if I were you. I personally don't care for wood-grain in a truck because to me trucks are tough and belong off-road. I'd hate to get mud on that pretty little wood trim.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I went for the FX4 as I don't like wood either, I liked the captains chairs and middle shifter, and I offroad at least once a week.

Helps to relax

There is chrome in the cab on the shifter, air vents, etc. Outside is only the badges. I am replacing all of the chrome eventually

Go FX4 man!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 PM

yeah i think i am going to get the FX4 cause i want to off road a lot. SinCityFX4 i see you have almost the same exact truck i want, how would you say she handles? would you say it is ready to over road right off the lot? I haven't had a time to give her a test ride. So if you could help that would be great.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 PM

If you want chrome you can get the FX4 with the chrome package, Me personally I don't like alot of chrome on the outside.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by F150-Man
yeah i think i am going to get the FX4 cause i want to off road a lot. SinCityFX4 i see you have almost the same exact truck i want, how would you say she handles? would you say it is ready to over road right off the lot? I haven't had a time to give her a test ride. So if you could help that would be great.
Yeah...when I bought her Ford put the level kit on it for me along with the step bars. I have been alot of places and had no issues. I even went on a 40+ mile long road called Mormon Well Road that was closed due to being washed out (not posted though) and never even came close to getting stuck.

Used 4 Low once to climb up a ragged a** hill everything else was 4H or 2WD.

She's a mean beast. Cant wait for new tires and wheels. I will try and get recent pics up for you to see how it sits. I don't have the chrome package and have that sport cloth that washes off. It's made for 4X4 fun.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not that I disagree that the FX4 is the nicer package but at the end of the day the only real difference is the trim package on the trucks. The capabilities are the same. There is no difference in the mechanical workings of the trucks. The FX4 has skid plates, different grill and bumpers. Again not saying that I don't like the FX4 cause I do I just wanted to make the point that the only difference is the trim package.

John
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Oh yeah...it was just cheaper for me to get it in the FX4 package than piecing the stuff together.

And they had the truck in the blue that I wanted since they didn't offer the yellow anymore.

All of the 4X4 F-150 come ready to roll off road. Some of the packages might have different tires and wheels, but that's probably about it.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sin, do you have pics of your truck now that the mods are done? It is some what crazy what ford is asking for some of these options on there own. I used the build a truck feature on there site when I was looking for my truck just so I could understand the difference between the trip packages and the features and I was amazed at how much they were charging.

f150-man let us know what you get and post pics!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which truck to get