Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck doesnt seem to have much power

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck doesnt seem to have much power

So ive had this truck for a few weeks and coming from a GMC which felt like had lots of power this truck just doesnt have a lot get up and go. Ive ordered a programmer plus S&B intake but before I put them on I was wondering if there might be something wrong with it. Granted I know Ill see a difference once intake and programmer is on but just seems under powered as of now so I dont want to put this stuff on it just to get it back up to normal power incase something is wrong. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:31 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by bck4more
So ive had this truck for a few weeks and coming from a GMC which felt like had lots of power this truck just doesnt have a lot get up and go. Ive ordered a programmer plus S&B intake but before I put them on I was wondering if there might be something wrong with it. Granted I know Ill see a difference once intake and programmer is on but just seems under powered as of now so I dont want to put this stuff on it just to get it back up to normal power incase something is wrong. Thanks for any help.
This: "35's on 20" fuels".

You are grossly undergeared. That plus increase in rotational inertia and static mass the rolling stock incurs, the stock ETC delays, suboptimal shiftpoints, etc, it's no wonder.

However - going over the entire truck maintenance-wise is never a bad idea. Fresh plugs, front O2's, fuel filter, clean MAF & TB, and so on .....

MGD
Old 04-13-2015, 05:39 PM

Thanks the the input. I'll check the maintenance items hopefully it will help. I know the tires and wheels are some of it but on my 07 gmc I had 35"s on 18"s and it would flat still move.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:44 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by bck4more
Thanks the the input. I'll check the maintenance items hopefully it will help. I know the tires and wheels are some of it but on my 07 gmc I had 35"s on 18"s and it would flat still move.
That GM was a much lighter truck, and I suspect the gearing was different ( both in the diff and the trans ).

Ford's stock PCM calibrations are strictly Soccer Mom tunes.

With proper gearing and a good set of custom tunes yer truck will come alive.

Best o' luck.
MGD
Old 04-13-2015, 05:48 PM

Well that's good to hear. Thanks so the help

Quick Reply: Truck doesnt seem to have much power