Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck broken into!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Truck broken into!!!

Last night someone broke into my truck. All they stole was my wallet, Im not sure why they dint take anything else but it seemed like all they did was like push the lock in. This has also happend to a couple of my other freinds with f-150s. anyone else have this issue?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

F150's are the most stolen trucks in texas and in the top 10 nation wide.

Dont leave your valuable in them and make sure you have either really good insurance or a nicely placed kill switch.

My uncles 08 F350 FX4 has a kill switch for the ignition and the fuel injector.

People have tried to steal it 3 times with no success.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Yeah man you cant leave anything valuble in the truck now a days, well I can, but I live in a very small town. My truck is bad because I have a sliding rear window, all you need is a credit card to open that.

I used to live in downtown Atlanta and I saw a homeless guy actually take a screw driver and punch a small hole right below the handle of a truck(in the sheet metal) and open the door that way. I called the cops on him and he didnt know I was there, but I wasnt going to try and scare him off and risk getting into a brawl with him.

When the cops came they told me the homeless and other criminals will break into trucks because they have the highest chance of having tools and guns in them (vs a car which probably may have a cd and some pocket change), and they are relitively easy to break into.

In fact I had to break into my own truck a few times, and have even been successful at starting my old truck when I had my ignition get stuck.

My motorcycle is far worse though it has had about 5 theft attempts on it...
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah my old Ranger I had was broken into same method, screw driver thru metal right under the lock.....

CD player, cds, center console, everything was swiped.....\

But I also lived in a terrible neighborhood at the time cause that's all I could afford fresh outta school....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Humoctopus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave nothing of value in my vehicle. For anyone stealing the truck LoJack
Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

This has been an informative thread. It makes me sick to read about any trash that breaks into another persons vehicle or home. Too bad you can't leave a starving bit bull in the front seat; they'd get you for animal cruelty (and rightly so; I love dogs). It would force the would be crook to move on.

I have one of those 'el cheapo' BULLDOG alarm setups. If you open the door, it detects a voltage drop and sounds a blaring siren. I know I should have better, and after reading this thread, I think I will look into something like an obvious steering wheel lock. Perhaps they will see that and move on, even though I saw how those can be sprayed with a coolant and broke easily.

Hopefully this will be a start for some good ideas on how we can protect our trucks. I'm all ears on this one.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

why is your wallet not on your person?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
I think I will look into something like an obvious steering wheel lock. Perhaps they will see that and move on, even though I saw how those can be sprayed with a coolant and broke easily.
The steering wheel is meant to be easily broken, so if you get into a accident it gives if you get fly forward and hit it. They seem like they would work, but to a professional criminal, all they need is something to cut through the steering wheel, something as small and concealible as a hacksaw blade.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM

my wallet wasnt on me cuz i was playing softball wen it happend, n i dont bring it on the field with me
Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM

i need an alarm, thinking of getting a viper

Quick Reply: Truck broken into!!!