Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

truck bed dented

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck bed dented

Hey all-
I took my toolbox off the truck the other day, and found the front of my bed bent so bad it is touching the cab wall. I think I might have to pull the bed off to pop it back into shape. It is a surprisingly thin and flexible area, I guess that's why it caved in so bad. I bought this truck new, and I think it must have been a loose propane tank that did the damage. Wonder if anyone else has had this happen, and how they got it straightened out. Also any tips on pulling the bed. Never done that before. Look forward to hearing from anyone
Tim
Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Builderman
Hey all-
I took my toolbox off the truck the other day, and found the front of my bed bent so bad it is touching the cab wall. I think I might have to pull the bed off to pop it back into shape. It is a surprisingly thin and flexible area, I guess that's why it caved in so bad. I bought this truck new, and I think it must have been a loose propane tank that did the damage. Wonder if anyone else has had this happen, and how they got it straightened out. Also any tips on pulling the bed. Never done that before. Look forward to hearing from anyone
Tim
I used a pry bar and a towel (to protect the paint) and bent it back. It is amazingly thin. Pulled an atv into far once and it bent in.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Ford Parts Manager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a board and run it side to side on the rear bes post holes and take a ratched strap and just hook the front and hook the board and pull it back to place
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I fixed my old truck's bed by taking a thick rope, bringing half over the bed and half under the bed and grabbing both ends and yanking it with my foot on the rear bumper.
A little hard to explain but it worked. A desk slid and dented the bed in.

Quick Reply: truck bed dented