Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck is all fixed and quiet as a church mouse!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Truck is all fixed and quiet as a church mouse!

I was having a loud whining noise comin from down bottom of the front of the engine. When the ac clutch engaged the noise went away but came back when the clutch disengaged. So i took the clutch and pulley off and was told i need a whole new compressor by a few shops that i called for advice so i just purchased a new pulley bearing and installed in with a vice put all the old parts back on and my truck is deff quieter than ever! So happy hope this helps anyone with the same prob in the future!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Nice! Thanks for sharing the info...
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by goldteam
I was having a loud whining noise comin from down bottom of the front of the engine. When the ac clutch engaged the noise went away but came back when the clutch disengaged. So i took the clutch and pulley off and was told i need a whole new compressor by a few shops that i called for advice so i just purchased a new pulley bearing and installed in with a vice put all the old parts back on and my truck is deff quieter than ever! So happy hope this helps anyone with the same prob in the future!
Probably came from running it through all that mud.....haha same thing happened to my idler pulley
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 06screwlariat

Probably came from running it through all that mud.....haha same thing happened to my idler pulley
Yea i had to replace that last week lol

Quick Reply: Truck is all fixed and quiet as a church mouse!