Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Trouble with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with turn signals

I have been having trouble with both turn signals as of late, and I am completely lost as to what could be the problem. I drive an 05 f150 if that means anything related to the problem. So here it is, my front two turn signals up in the headlights are the basic lights given in these trucks. In the back I have LED taillights, an LED tailgate bar, and an LED third brake light. When first installed all these lights worked perfectly and caused no difference. Just recently my blinkers started to blink fast. Only the blinkers blink fast though, the hazards blink a normal rate. I am hesitant to put the blame on the LEDs because of the history with them, and the hazards work with all lights going. What could cause my turn signals to blink rapidly. Is my flasher maybe going out with the LEDs in the back? Any Ideas?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

The LED tails have an internal voltage regulator. I assume. If the problem was with the flasher, it would be evident in the front signals, too. Ill but a buffalo nickel that the problem is the LED tails. The other LEDs dont matter, the high mount wouldnt cause it, i had one on my last truck, the bar wouldnt - i had one, too.....just an FYI, i dont care what brand it is, they are all made by the same chinese kids. If you are bored, get some blsck RTV and seal up the wire end of the bar.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you meaning by it would be evident in the front signals too?
Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by tobysanders10
What are you meaning by it would be evident in the front signals too?
If you have a flasher issue, both the front and rear lights would double flash.....like when you have a burnt out bulb. Take one of the LED tails off and put the factory one back on.

Quick Reply: Trouble with turn signals