Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Trex Grille insert

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex Grille insert

Just installed my new trex bullit grille insert but its missin somethin. The space between the "bars" (dunno the technicslly term lol) is so wide you can see my radiator! So id like to fabricate a peice to fit behind it not only to make it look better but to protect the radiator!! My idea is take a peice of black (maybe white if i decide to paint it) diamond plate and drill some holes n slots threw it to allow ventilation! Anyone else have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Trex Grille insert-image-3276698056.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a few issues with my t-rex billet... yours look like fully bolt on insted of insert... if you replaced your old grille with t-rex and used your oem surrounding to mount the grille then yes it is in fact a ''fully bolt on''

I had issues when mounting to the surrounding and then I had issues two months after installation the black powder coat gloss shine started to fade ..I was so mad since it was powder coated the company that sold it to me would not replace it or refund me.

Anyway that was not the question... I did had the same problem ,I could see everything through the bars..sensors,wires and all. This is what I did and I have not had any damage on my radiator so far, three hella offroad lights to have some extra help on those dark roads and also help with the look on the front end.
Attached Thumbnails Trex Grille insert-001.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my grille assembly outta the truck, sepeperate the honeycomb grille from the factory "trim", painted the OEM chrome grille "trim" oxford white, then bolted the new trex grille to the "trim" and then put er back on the truck. So bolt on i guess lol.

I did hear about the fading...after i bought it. Nothin i can do bout it now since i csnt get a refund from the place. Wish i woulda reserched more than what i did.

Thanks for the advice! I will deff look into those hella lights. They add a good look!!

Quick Reply: Trex Grille insert