Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Transmission slipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Rattlesnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission slipping

I have experienced my transmission slipping when slowing down to come to a stop. The tranny seems like it can't find the lower gear and appears to shift into nuetral( RPM's increase), then it bangs into the lower gear. It does not do it at every stop, but it is becoming more frequent.

The truck is a '08 SCab with 5.4 and 3.55LS rear end. BTW, the truck has 6900 miles on it.

I plan to take it to the dealer, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this problem. With my luck, when I take it to the dealer, it won't do it.

TIA
Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine acts kinda fishy too when slowing down..mine has 5700 or so miles. Waiting to see if its me or what. I will have mine looked at as well at the 10k interval. Let me know what they tell you......
Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 AM
stirring it up a little

Location: from fenton mi. currently lima ohio for school and work

my dad had a similar problem on his truck it was an 05 fx4 it would do it when he first got the truck slowing down like if a car was in front of you and the trans downshifted it was slip then grap real hard when it upshifted it would make the hole truck shake, but after awhile it stopped never did it again it was wierd, and its not like it got babied hey got the truck when i turned 16 and i beat the hell out of it lol
Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Combat Trucker

i had that problem but mine did it when i took off from a stop. it would try to shift into 2nd gear and would slip then grab real hard. it only did it once in a while. and learn from my mistakes, DONT PUT A PROGRAMMER IN THE TRUCK AND TURN THE SHIFT FIRMNESS AND REV LILITER ALL THE WAY UP!!!!! or else you'll be about $2000 short for a rebuild.

Quick Reply: Transmission slipping