Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem

I have an 05 f150 5.4L and just had the 1st service on the tranny ( 63,000 mi ) ford charges too much for this service so i took it to AAMCO and when they took the pan off there was excessive gray goo ( from metal flakes ) on the magnet in the bottom of the pan. they said they were afraid to flush tranny as it might cause more of this gray material to get washed out of torque converter and cause damage to the electronics in the tranny. I have heard a clunking sound and a slight jerking motion after accelerating from 5mph going up a hill in slow traffic. has anyone had this problem with their transmission? not trying to be picky but also i have a very loud rattle in my rear window ( which was replaced and did not help noise ) and it seems that it is a broken weld between the inner and outer panels that the rear window goes in. in the colder weather as the weld contracts from the cold it rattles and it is extremly annoying ( it drives me nuts! ) this is the 4th f150 ive owned but the last two have had issues. anyone had this problem? thx for your input

Quick Reply: Transmission problem