Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Trans fault/od light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans fault/od light flashing

The truck is an 07 4.6L with the 4R75E transmission and a Gryphon programmer by PHP (some have said these have something to do with my problem). So I drove my truck from Colorado all the way to Missouri with zero problems until we stopped for food in Kansas City...go back out to start the truck and it shuts off almost immediately after firing up...so I start it again and trans fault comes up in the window and the od light is flashing, I couldn't drive over 40mph so it must be stuck in 2nd? I did a little research and decided to drop the pan to replace the shift solenoid pack, wire harness and filter while I was in there only to discover those did nothing to alleviate the problem. It does still engine brake when I drop down into second out of drive so that eases my mind a little bit but still, what else could be going on? Like I said some people mentioned they had to unplug/reprogram their edge or switch to a different tune and back but i've tried both of these with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated because my local stealership is throwing out outrageous numbers to diagnose and fix the problem. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Sorry guys forgot to mention the codes im throwing...

P0685-ECM/PCM power relay control circuit open

P0689-ECM/PCM power relay sense circuit low

P0748-Pressure control solenoid A

P0962-Pressure control solenoid A control circuit low

and P260F-Evaporative system monitoring processor performance (forgot to mention that my AC went out at the same time I started getting these codes and this one has me thinking it's the culprit)
Old 10-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idk.. but my trans the overdrive wouldnt engauge.. I took it in and they had to replace my whole trans.. I know my reply doesnt help.. but I couldnt sell the truck till I had it fixed.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 143 Likes on 109 Posts

I had the trans fault and od light flashing on long drives. It was going on for about a year. Then one day out of no where it got extremely hot and starting shuddering and slamming into gear. Took it to a trans shop and it needed a rebuild. 2k later it runs great.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tat2dTexan713
Idk.. but my trans the overdrive wouldnt engauge.. I took it in and they had to replace my whole trans.. I know my reply doesnt help.. but I couldnt sell the truck till I had it fixed.
sorry for your loss, really hoping that's not the case in my situation but its getting to the point where I might just break down and take it to the dealership so we'll see..ugh
Old 10-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by connorfx4
I had the trans fault and od light flashing on long drives. It was going on for about a year. Then one day out of no where it got extremely hot and starting shuddering and slamming into gear. Took it to a trans shop and it needed a rebuild. 2k later it runs great.
2k with labor? Dang that's not bad actually, still ouch tho bummer. So you were able to drive it around normally with the trans fault/od flashing? I can't go over 35/40 right now and it feels kind of bogged down when I first take off which leads me to believe it's stuck in 2nd. What's weird is that it'll coast in drive down a hill or after gassing it but if I drop down into 2nd there's engine braking. hmm
Old 10-09-2016, 05:13 PM

as in I think that may be a good sign hopefully
Old 10-31-2016, 07:57 PM

Well after replacing the shift solenoid pack, wire harness and pressure control solenoid I finally made my way to the culprit which wan't the transmission at all! Damn ecm/pcm module was bad apparently, dealership wanted $1300 lmao just bought a new one programmed ready to go with two keys for only $450 so hopefully I'll be good to go by this weekend when it gets here. Hope this helps someone!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TPAYNE88
Well after replacing the shift solenoid pack, wire harness and pressure control solenoid I finally made my way to the culprit which wan't the transmission at all! Damn ecm/pcm module was bad apparently, dealership wanted $1300 lmao just bought a new one programmed ready to go with two keys for only $450 so hopefully I'll be good to go by this weekend when it gets here. Hope this helps someone!

I know this is a few months old, but I have same prob and like the part number that you changed ou, if I'm gonna pay 2500 bucks for reman I will drive till this one dies, peace of crap. I want to sale but always breaks down before I can sale, pisses me off. It's a 07 f150 and 300k km on her.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darren123
I know this is a few months old, but I have same prob and like the part number that you changed ou, if I'm gonna pay 2500 bucks for reman I will drive till this one dies, peace of crap. I want to sale but always breaks down before I can sale, pisses me off. It's a 07 f150 and 300k km on her.
Do you have the same error codes I was showing? Have you replaced any of the parts I listed above yet? What exactly is happenning when it "breaks down" ? Mine only has 52k miles and ended up only being electrical. One way to help tell if it's a mechanical issue when it seems to be stuck in one gear is to let off the gas on a downhill and if there's engine braking then it should be ok but if it coasts with ease there could be a bigger problem.

Quick Reply: Trans fault/od light flashing