Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Trans error warning help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans error warning help

Aamco Trans. put a rebuilt trans. in my 2008 f-150 supercab 4x4,5.4 eng. 8 months ago. 3 times when i started my truck,Trans error message came on,each time, i shut off truck & restarted it,back to normal other than my check engine light stays on. Took it back to Aamco the first 2 times,they plugged computer in,said no codes showed up & reset it, check engine light is out. Now it happened the 3rd time,did same thing,shut truck off then restarted it,no trans error but check engine light stays on. Anybody got any answers on why this is happening?? Aamco said that there's no code showing a trans. problem so they say it's working fine. If it's working fine,why does the trans. error message trip?? It never did it before. I think it's something they did & don't want to fix it. I spent $3400 & have warranty. I need you guy's to give me your advise on this. tks john
Old 05-22-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

There has to be a code causing the check engine light, what is it ?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Agreed; there has to be a code when the check engine light remains on. Drive it to the AAmco shop, and have them read the code. Or, take it to a parts store; they have code readers and will read them for free. Then Google the code. It will tell you what is being reported. It may not be transmission related.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trans error

each time i take it back to Aamco,they plug in the scanner,& it shows nothing-no codes but it puts out the check engine light. I'll take it back again & will let you know, but the last time i took it back,they showed me the code reader & it had no codes. My gen. light goes on & off all the time. I had everything checked out,alt-new battery,with light on,had code reader check & nothing,no code,every thing is fine. This is been going on for a yr. & a half,never had a problem other than light coming on & off. nobody knows what it is or what is causing it. Do any of you think the trans error warning is doing what the gen. light is doing???
Old 05-24-2016, 09:01 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

you need to buy or rent a hand held scanner, so when the light comes on you can plug it in and read the current code or catch it while its on and take to autoparts store
Old 05-27-2016, 03:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are erasing the codes. Get your own reader and pull codes. Try to get a reader that pulls transmission codes engine and abs.

Quick Reply: Trans error warning help