Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

trade in for a new f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trade in for a new f150

my husband has been hinting to me that i should trade in my f150 for a new 2010 fx2 that he has on the lot. its a nice truck and is loaded except that its black which i dont like. i have a 08 super crew f150 that has quite a few mods including a shaved tailgate (except ford emblem),tint windows, bed liner, blue flame foose inspired racing stripes, balcked out taillights, smoked 3rd break lights, roush CAI, and a new flowmaster super 44 duel exhaust. and was about to order a bedrug and new headers for it. i wouldn't mind getting a new truck, especually one as nice as this one but i don't know if its worth starting back from square one. the new truck is more powerful, can tow more, is safer, and has sync which i love. i dont like the color of it or the fact that it has leather because sitting on hot seats in 110 degree weather with shorts on is not fun. what would you all do?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red_ambur
my husband has been hinting to me that i should trade in my f150 for a new 2010 fx2 that he has on the lot. its a nice truck and is loaded except that its black which i dont like. i have a 08 super crew f150 that has quite a few mods including a shaved tailgate (except ford emblem),tint windows, bed liner, blue flame foose inspired racing stripes, balcked out taillights, smoked 3rd break lights, roush CAI, and a new flowmaster super 44 duel exhaust. and was about to order a bedrug and new headers for it. i wouldn't mind getting a new truck, especually one as nice as this one but i don't know if its worth starting back from square one. the new truck is more powerful, can tow more, is safer, and has sync which i love. i dont like the color of it or the fact that it has leather because sitting on hot seats in 110 degree weather with shorts on is not fun. what would you all do?
Me personally, with everything you listed I would stick with the truck I already have. I mean, how often are you going to "need" the extra towing capacity? Safety? That's relative I'd say between a 2008 and a 2010. Your truck is one of the safer ones I believe. The one I have (2001) is the truck that crinkles up on an offset crash, but I don't care. I didn't buy it to crash it, I bought mine to drive it

It sounds like you have a damn nice truck there, you would have to justify spending the extra coin on a newer one and doing the mods again. Me personally, I'd keep what I have. JMO though.....
Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Make a deal with your husband.
- tell him to find you a different color
- tell him you want A/C cooled seats to keep your booty cool in those sexy shorts
- tell him he gets to buy you all the same mods from your 2008 for your new 2010
- you give him one nice....... (you get the idea)
Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahaha ^ the fourth one is a good idea
Old 01-19-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep your old truck. Wait until they have all the aftermarket stuff for the new ones, led tails, new headlamps, etc, before you go back to square one. truck sounds bad *** already. and tell the hubby if he likes it so much, trade HIS vehicle in and get it himself.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd keep the '08. It doesn't sound like you'd be completely happy with the trade. That's a lot of money to regret later. Sounds like you have a damn nice truck already.

Quick Reply: trade in for a new f150