Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tpms = B.s.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms = B.s.

I just put the new wheel and tire combo on my '08 Supercrew and the damn tire pressure monitoring system light is on. I didn't even think the truck had it and I obviously didn't bother to take the stock sensors out of the factory 20" wheels since I'm selling them. It just doesn't make any sense to dismount and then remount tires just to get the sensors out.

There has to be a way to disable the light or the system. Can any dealer or tire shop do it and (better question) will they? Can it be turned off with a tuner or some other device?

Idiot lights **** me off! I hate looking at the damn thing. I would've paid to have the stock sensors swapped but I'm not paying to have two sets of rims and tires dismounted and then remounted. I'll resort to cutting the wire to the light if I have to, but there has to be an easier way.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 PM

Anyone?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

shoulda done it the smart way first. its on there for a reason.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by iceman302
Anyone?
yes there is a way to dismantle it... that is what i didnt like about ford is that i did not have it listed on my sale sheet that i had tpms... on chevy you can tell but ford is different... I am not sure how to dismantle it... but i had same question when i got my new rims and was told on this forum that it could be dismantled... i havent gotten around to it but if i found out how to i will post.. or just stop buy a tire place and ask them.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by obusnizzle

yeah it on there for a reason... not a good reason... 45 years old and never had to have it before so i dont really think i need it now..
Old 04-14-2008, 11:27 PM
none.

Originally Posted by iluvmyford
yes there is a way to dismantle it... that is what i didnt like about ford is that i did not have it listed on my sale sheet that i had tpms... on chevy you can tell but ford is different... I am not sure how to dismantle it... but i had same question when i got my new rims and was told on this forum that it could be dismantled... i havent gotten around to it but if i found out how to i will post.. or just stop buy a tire place and ask them.
its listed in the sales brochure and mandated by the DOT for all vehicles as of the 2007 MY.
The following users liked this post:
Bobf150 (11-09-2020)
Old 04-14-2008, 11:28 PM
none.

Originally Posted by iluvmyford
yeah it on there for a reason... not a good reason... 45 years old and never had to have it before so i dont really think i need it now..
well, to be quite honest with you, not doing the research in the first place is not a reason for knocking the technology. If this had been around eight years ago, Explorers would still have Firestone tires.
The following users liked this post:
Bobf150 (11-09-2020)
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 AM

well i guess what gets me is that my chevy hhr had on the window sticker that it had tpms.. my silverado did not come with tpms so it wasnt listed on window sticker... frankily for the wife yeah i like that she has it for her own good. for me being that i like to buy aftermarket stuff, wheels, for my car it is just an added expense for me. But why does gm have it listed on there window sticker but ford doesnt...that is what is weird. But seriously on another thread someone kicked in and said there was a way to turn it off... me personally i dont care... the light is very little and will go out anyway when i put my stock tires on for winter...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:27 AM

well, to be quite honest with you, not doing the research in the first place is not a reason for knocking the technology. If this had been around eight years ago, Explorers would still have Firestone tires.

not doing what research? I know what tpms does. i also know not all cars come with it.. I also know that not all cars have it listed on the window sticker... i didnt know i had it till i changed to aftermarket rims. WhenI say i dont it or it is a bad reason I am referring to myself... when i get old and drive lincolns around and cant see or hear then yeah i probalby might like it then....
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 AM

If the "smart way" you are referring to involved dismounting my stock wheels and tires, removing the sensors, and then remounting the tires so that I can sell them, then I say no thank you. That's a bunch of added expense and hassle. There has to be a way to disable it. I will talk to Big O and if they don't have the answer, I'll go to the dealer. If I happen to find the answer, I will let everyone know. Then you can keep doing it the "smart way".

Quick Reply: Tpms = B.s.