Towing F-150 mirrors - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Towing F-150 mirrors

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Towing F-150 mirrors

I was looking at getting the ford towing mirrors for my 2006 f-150 xlt. even though my current mirrors dont have turn signals on them, will the towing mirrors for the 2008 f-150s still fit mine?
Thanks
Boomtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtrap View Post
I was looking at getting the ford towing mirrors for my 2006 f-150 xlt. even though my current mirrors dont have turn signals on them, will the towing mirrors for the 2008 f-150s still fit mine?
Thanks
Even the 2010's will work. A lot of us are doing this mod/add-on right now. All you have to do is wire up your pin with the corresponding pin location for the signals. Go to tascaparts.com, scroll to the bottom, and you see "Retrofit Mirrors"

Click that, and there you go, the pin indentifications for our trucks. Just tap the right pin and run some wires. Good Luck!
VanoFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
This picture scares you
 
camstng66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Land of small dogs
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Vano, have you done a write up for the how to section???
camstng66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camstng66 View Post
Vano, have you done a write up for the how to section???
Gettin on it this weekend. Been hectic with the move. I found out I had clothes in boxes still. Wondered why laundry was so light the first weekend. Hahaha, I'll get pics and a write up by sunday night/monday morning.

Attempting to do the Blackout Tails (scared to do my Hella's) and if time permits, as I have yard work to do, the Bambi mod. Still no fogs, just turning my highbeams off and on. Grrr. Oh, and my Fx2 Cluster should be in as well, so I'll be doing a swap. Damn, I got a lot to do this weekend.
VanoFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
VanoFord2
 
Skull31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Backwoods
Posts: 1,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanoFord View Post
Gettin on it this weekend. Been hectic with the move. I found out I had clothes in boxes still. Wondered why laundry was so light the first weekend. Hahaha, I'll get pics and a write up by sunday night/monday morning.

Attempting to do the Blackout Tails (scared to do my Hella's) and if time permits, as I have yard work to do, the Bambi mod. Still no fogs, just turning my highbeams off and on. Grrr. Oh, and my Fx2 Cluster should be in as well, so I'll be doing a swap. Damn, I got a lot to do this weekend.
Well dammit man,lets get on it.Your laging.My grandma would have it done already and dinner on the table already and she has no arms or legs,lol..
Skull31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Member
5 Year Member
 
attaboybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'd be interested in this write-up.
I want to go with the power, heat and signal mirrors.
right now, I have power only on my 2005.

My daughter has the puddle lights on her 99 Merc Mountaineer.
those are nice too. But, the fold in application is more that I really need.

btw, although I am new, that TASCA looks to be a good link.

thanks and good luck...hope it goes smooth for you.

BOB
attaboybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Ford 'till I die.
 
faniman57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Posts: 514
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

What about installing the power function when it didnt come from the factory? The mirrors I just ordered came folded and I just need to unfold them without the morrors breaking. has anyone succesfully installed power mirrors?
faniman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Ford F150 Truck New Body Style Power Heated Turn Signal Upgrade Dual Arm Towing 1ATony Vendor Showcase 12 09-14-2016 02:57 PM
Anyone else have a Canadian FX4? Silverlx 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 18 01-21-2016 04:08 PM
mirrors Tomahawk 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 8 10-21-2015 11:24 AM
FS - 2015 F150 Tow Mirrors anthony2558 2015 - Present Part Sales 13 10-14-2015 01:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com