Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Total height with lift & tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total height with lift & tires?

I just purchased a 2008 Lariat Supercrew. I love this truck!! I am thinking about getting a 6-inch lift with 35-inch tires. As it is now, when I go to my gym, I clear the underground parking garage ceiling by about 6 inches (they claim the ceiling is 6'6".) Other places vary, but I usually have about 6-8 inches of clearance. I was wondering what the exact height is measured at the top of the cab with the lift and tires as above.

Thanks to anyone that has the time to measure this, or has already done so.

Tony
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM
JACK

Originally Posted by Tony407
I just purchased a 2008 Lariat Supercrew. I love this truck!! I am thinking about getting a 6-inch lift with 35-inch tires. As it is now, when I go to my gym, I clear the underground parking garage ceiling by about 6 inches (they claim the ceiling is 6'6".) Other places vary, but I usually have about 6-8 inches of clearance. I was wondering what the exact height is measured at the top of the cab with the lift and tires as above.

Thanks to anyone that has the time to measure this, or has already done so.

Tony
I have never measured it but i can still fit in most places that allow 7'0" but that's really pushin it. there is only about 1.5" in a 7 foot area
Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by onelildude
I have never measured it but i can still fit in most places that allow 7'0" but that's really pushin it. there is only about 1.5" in a 7 foot area
same. i barely fit in those without my lights. u also gotta watch out when u go up or down cause the roof might hit
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by onelildude
Same here. When I had my truck shipped to Hawaii they had to measure it and I say 83" from ground to the top of the cab so 1" away form 7' tall. I would never try to get into a garage that allowed 7' though, don't want to take any chances with only 1" of clearance.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM

Thanks, guys. So basically, if I decide to do this lift I'll be sacrificing some usefulness of my truck when it comes to taking it downtown...which I do several times a week. And I suppose it's not even worth considering a 4.5 inch lift; the 1.5 inch difference will still prevent me from going to those same places. If I do a lift, I might as well go for the full 6.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Tony
Old 01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, guys. So basically, if I decide to do this lift I'll be sacrificing some usefulness of my truck when it comes to taking it downtown...which I do several times a week. And I suppose it's not even worth considering a 4.5 inch lift; the 1.5 inch difference will still prevent me from going to those same places. If I do a lift, I might as well go for the full 6.

Tony
I don't fit in alot of the garages here in vegas and all I have is level kit.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:28 PM

Tony
if your gonna do a lift and cant fit in any garages i would go with a 10" and call it a day.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
JACK

Talking

Originally Posted by f150mashin559
if your gonna do a lift and cant fit in any garages i would go with a 10" and call it a day.
YEAH JUST GO FOR THE GOLD and DO THE 10 or MAYBE A 12" RIZE KIT????

Quick Reply: Total height with lift & tires?