Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Default Tonneau Cover

Been doing a lot of shopping with little luck. I'm looking for the best cheap tonneau cover. Preferably one that latches (not button snaps) and requires the tailgate to be opened to open it. Wanting soft, probably roll up style. And here's my biggest catch..... want tan, specifically as close to Pueblo gold as I can get or maybe white but I think that will be a PIA. Where would you guys buy your tonneau covers from?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:36 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Greetings StephenG, I have two different tonneau covers, one roll-up ( Truxedo ) and one tri-fold ( TonnoMax ) Both have color options, both lock with the tailgate closed ( can not open with tailgate closed ). The roll up is a velcro on the sides. The tri-fold just lays one the bed rails...
My truck is black, I never looked into any other color but black.
If this helps, question 11: http://www.tonnomax.com/tonnomax-sof...eau-cover-faq/
and near the bottom: http://truxedo.com/custom_trucks/land.php
I do recommend both of the covers, I like each the same. The roll up gives me full use of the bed without loosing and inch, the tri-fold is a quick easy access and off the truck in less than one minute. I know you will have other with there recommendations, these are the only two I own.
Good luck, I wish you well in getting exactly what you are looking for.
The following users liked this post:
BadFish523 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I don't know where you would find a custom colored soft cover. It's probably out there, but I have no idea where.
I had a fold up hard cover, and loved it, until it split in half. Started looking around, and found a truxedo low pro qt cover for $20 on Craigslist. Wasn't too sure about going back to a soft cover, but all I can say, is that I am really impressed with it. No leaks, and clicks shut, with a lever inside the box. Gives you a little security, but as the saying goes, if somebody wants to get inside, they will.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:23 PM

Ive been searching and I'm actually surprised at how few tonneau covers are a color other than black. I mean they make most materials in many different colors. I understand not finding one in Pueblo Gold but one would think your basic ROYGBIV and a tan/brown or white would be pretty common. I shall keep looking and may settle for black if I can find one cheap enough.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

I agree, why only black?
I know that the 10th gen King Ranch had a tan soft cover from Ford, but those are nowhere to be found anymore.
I did not want a black cover with tan bed caps, so I ended up painting my caps black.

This place has some in different colors, not sure if it is what your looking for though.

Last edited by blupupher; 09-13-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,698 Posts

I don't think it comes in colors, but I've had the Truxedo lo pro tonneau on my truck for 8 years and it still works and looks as good as when I got it.
The following users liked this post:
BadFish523 (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by blupupher
I agree, why only black?
I know that the 10th gen King Ranch had a tan soft cover from Ford, but those are nowhere to be found anymore.
I did not want a black cover with tan bed caps, so I ended up painting my caps black.

This place has some in different colors, not sure if it is what your looking for though.
Yeah vinyl comes in every color you could imagine. Why so hard to get a tan soft cover? That place is a little more expensive than I'm hoping to spend. Good to find some color though they charge an extra $40 for color.

Last edited by BadFish523; 09-13-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover