Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tomorrow is the day

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tomorrow is the day

I am leaving for up north today for opening day. I am dropping my truck off at noon tomorrow for the leveling kit and alignment for sure, still thinking about the spacer. I have read if it is the spacer for "UNDER" the tb that it's better than the 1 that is before it...??? (help). I will make my decision with your help and common sense, if I can save the 130.00 and get something better for my $ I will. I do need to find something for better fuel (gas) mileage 14.2-14.5 hwy sucks IMO.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XLT8'
I am leaving for up north today for opening day. I am dropping my truck off at noon tomorrow for the leveling kit and alignment for sure, still thinking about the spacer. I have read if it is the spacer for "UNDER" the tb that it's better than the 1 that is before it...??? (help). I will make my decision with your help and common sense, if I can save the 130.00 and get something better for my $ I will. I do need to find something for better fuel (gas) mileage 14.2-14.5 hwy sucks IMO.
I'm confused... i put the 2" autospring in my truck. The are perched on top of the stock springs. I think i spent $75 shipped off of ebay.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Confused about? I am paying someone 250.00 to install the leveling kit. I went through a bad break up recently and lost ALL my tools and my garage...... So I am not suited at this time to do it myself. I am also paying for an alignment for 50.00. I am thinking about the tb spacer but have heard 2 different opinions on that. I am just asking if on a TB if the spacer is underneath the TB if it works better or just works, compared to the ones that mount to the inlet of the TB.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Confused about? I am paying someone 250.00 to install the leveling kit. I went through a bad break up recently and lost ALL my tools and my garage...... So I am not suited at this time to do it myself. I am also paying for an alignment for 50.00. I am thinking about the tb spacer but have heard 2 different opinions on that. I am just asking if on a TB if the spacer is underneath the TB if it works better or just works, compared to the ones that mount to the inlet of the TB.
Oh throttle body spacer? No, no don't do it, no matter what spacer you get it is not worth the money, they are worthless. The only thing i have heard to help gas mileage is a good programmer. An Edge Evolution seems to be a good choice. Also, for your leveling kit, does the 250 include the price of the part? Or did you already purchase it and the 250 is all labor? If it is all labor then go somewhere else, it takes about an hour and a half to install. I personally paid 50 for an install.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Throttle body spacers don't really do anything and are not really worth it. R
Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM

Yeah the price includes part, but here in Toledo, they wanted 600 for everything(not including tb spacer). I am paying 300 up there(just for level and alignment), so to me I am saving 1/2 . On the tb spacer, I guess I will just pass on that then. He swears and guarantees results(said if no difference he will take it off and give money back), but I don't travel 4.5 hours to hunt to often.......
Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Yeah the price includes part, but here in Toledo, they wanted 600 for everything(not including tb spacer). I am paying 300 up there(just for level and alignment), so to me I am saving 1/2 . On the tb spacer, I guess I will just pass on that then. He swears and guarantees results(said if no difference he will take it off and give money back), but I don't travel 4.5 hours to hunt to often.......
$300 isn't horrible, i had to go to different places to get install and alignment. Plus had the time to do shopping around. Thats interesting that he guarantees the TB spacer and will give you money back. Money back on the product and labor, or just product? Either way, waste of time. I would save the money and get a programmer, cause when you stuff bigger meats under there you'll need to calibrate your speedo and you can do that with the programmer also. I want a programmer SO bad! Plus, you can get an Edge evolution on EBAY right now for $339 with free shipping, if you don't like it you can sell it on here all day for $280.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is the day