Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

tires wanted for a single father/friend(long shot i know)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tires wanted for a single father/friend(long shot i know)

Doing this for a friend(he doesn't know about it)But if anyone has any decent tires just laying around that they want to unload please let me know.Only catch is,the most he could afford is 200bucks and that would include shipping,hence why I'm trying on here for him.He cant afford anything else really as he is unemployed,and the unemployment he gets goes for his apartment,food for his daughter(he is a single dad)and truck insurance.He has a 2005 f-150 with 17inch rims,with the standard 6lugs.I have offered to buy him tires,but he has rejected that idea on the basis that me and Ashley have already given him 4 grand to pay the rest of his truck off.His tires are below tread replace mark.He came back from deployment with no job as his job closed up shop while he was gone.He is out of the Army now.Well this might be a long shot,but hey its worth a shot.Also if you know anyone who wants to unload tires that would help also.If anyone does have tires that the want to unload,a decent tread life would be great as its getting into snow season here real soon.Well thanks everyone.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not sure how good these are but...i got rid of all my 17's otherwise i would have hooked you up

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1472271481.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1469485244.html

Last edited by ATOM; 11-19-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Yea, I was also think check Craigslist. You could also try stopping by some mom and pop tire shops for good used tires. They sometimes are cheaper because of lower overhead costs.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dnlow
You could also try stopping by some mom and pop tire shops for good used tires.
+1.. I had to pick up some stock size wheels and tires when moving to CO so that I could fit on the dyno for emmission testing. One of the local stores sold me a couple half-tread stock sized tires for $30. Make a few calls locally and tell them the situation.. I'd bet you'll find a good hookup on used.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

My buddy has a set that is just collecting dust but the shipping to Wi from TX would be outrageous.

(Didn't you have another thread like this a few months ago?)
Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

I agree with dnlow my brother in law use to own a tire shop and he always had tires laying around that were good nothing wrong with them people were just upgrading their old tires. alot of times they will either give them to you or charge a very minimal fee so they don't have to pay to get rid of them. good luck
Old 11-19-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lenn
My buddy has a set that is just collecting dust but the shipping to Wi from TX would be outrageous.

(Didn't you have another thread like this a few months ago?)
Yes,but that was like a year ago for a diferent person.For the just the tires shipped would be 100,maybe alitle more.let me know if he would like to get ride of them.Thanks lenn.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Yeah man. Will do. I will ask him tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM

Hey all don't worry bout the tires.Took ppl's advice on here and called a couple if shops and explained the situation.Called a total of 6shops,and 3 tire shops.The 2nd tire shop i called was more than happy to donate the tires since tony was a iraq combat vet.And oh **** did he donate.He donated 35inch tires.He asked what size rim,i told him,he looked thru his computer and had a couple sets of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac A/T's.So he gave tony a set for his truck.He also told me to come back when I'm ready to get new tires and he will see what he has for 35's when I'm ready and will give me a set for free since I'm also a War vet.Now the big reason why he is donating free tires,he has 2 sons overseas.One in iraq,and one in trashcanistan.Also helps since he owns the shop,lol.Super nice guy.He can also get lift kits at whole sale he said.So I'm def glad i followed the advice on here.Thanks guys.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnger3rd
Hey all don't worry bout the tires.Took ppl's advice on here and called a couple if shops and explained the situation.Called a total of 6shops,and 3 tire shops.The 2nd tire shop i called was more than happy to donate the tires since tony was a iraq combat vet.And oh **** did he donate.He donated 35inch tires.He asked what size rim,i told him,he looked thru his computer and had a couple sets of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac A/T's.So he gave tony a set for his truck.He also told me to come back when I'm ready to get new tires and he will see what he has for 35's when I'm ready and will give me a set for free since I'm also a War vet.Now the big reason why he is donating free tires,he has 2 sons overseas.One in iraq,and one in trashcanistan.Also helps since he owns the shop,lol.Super nice guy.He can also get lift kits at whole sale he said.So I'm def glad i followed the advice on here.Thanks guys.
That is great to hear it's nice to know that there is some good kind big hearted people left in the world that is cool

Quick Reply: tires wanted for a single father/friend(long shot i know)