Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tires.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires.

When my parents put the down payment on my truck and brought it home I noticed the tires were kinda worn and would need replacing soon. They were Nitto Grappler A/T's but like I said they didn't have much tread left. My mom decided that the front two tires weren't safe to drive on being that they were so worn and bought my two new tires. Dynapro H/T or something like that. Will last week when I got my oil changed the rotated my tires and I didn't know that came with the service and put my older Nitto tires on the front and the ride is just awful now. The tires have pretty much 0 tread and need to be replaced. My question is since I want to upgrade back to some bigger A/T tires should I try and get myself 4 used tires or get two more of the Dynapro's and wait until I can afford 4 new A/T's. I don't have a ton of money at my discretion (like 300 until I get paid again in two weeks) since I have a truck payment and some other bills to pay with my next pay check but I don't feel safe driving on the highway to work on my current tires. Any opinions/suggestions would be great. Thanks so much.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Stay out of the snow and rain as much as possible. Keep the better tires on the rear end. Then just buy the two when you can. Then wait until you have the money to buy all new ones. As long as the chords aren't showing you should be fine as long as your not crazy with it. Just speaking from experience.
The following users liked this post:
CoreyJames (03-06-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Have Mommy buy you 2 more Dynapro's...tell her you feel un-safe...you can pay her back later.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
American member

Received 1,059 Likes on 844 Posts

If she loves you she'll shell out a few hundred more. Waaaait a minute... I don't think my mother loves me!

Quick Reply: Tires.