Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ticking? Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ticking? Gone?

K. I have an 06 5.4 FFV. I've had a ticking that I've been trying to get the dealer here to look at, since the next closest dealer is 90 miles away. They insist it's normal, when I know it's not.

Anyway,

I installed my evo tonight, set it to performance, and the ticking is GONE, just plain GONE. And the truck actually idles lower, so it's not a NOISE issue, THE TICKING IS GONE.

I work for John Deere, and we've had EUI problems where the fix was a reprogram of the ECU. Is it possible that this Cam Phaser issue is a problem with the timing of the PCM, that they don't have their timing set right in order to make it drive like a Cadallac???? Deere didn't have their injection pressure and timing right and it was causing a carbon build up leading to stuck injectors, is it possible that the advance is off just enough to cause the cam phaser issue????
Old 02-20-2009, 11:47 AM
fitz888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be
Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
K. I have an 06 5.4 FFV. I've had a ticking that I've been trying to get the dealer here to look at, since the next closest dealer is 90 miles away. They insist it's normal, when I know it's not.

Anyway,

I installed my evo tonight, set it to performance, and the ticking is GONE, just plain GONE. And the truck actually idles lower, so it's not a NOISE issue, THE TICKING IS GONE.

I work for John Deere, and we've had EUI problems where the fix was a reprogram of the ECU. Is it possible that this Cam Phaser issue is a problem with the timing of the PCM, that they don't have their timing set right in order to make it drive like a Cadallac???? Deere didn't have their injection pressure and timing right and it was causing a carbon build up leading to stuck injectors, is it possible that the advance is off just enough to cause the cam phaser issue????

A PCM reflash is one of the fixes for the ticking issue. I am still working on a sticky for this subject to help list alot of possible fixes.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
A PCM reflash is one of the fixes for the ticking issue. I am still working on a sticky for this subject to help list alot of possible fixes.

Meh. Ticking is back.... How's that sticky coming????
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the cam phaser thread .....When are you going to post the sticky, i really want to try and fix the ticking noise

Last edited by eacdabnow; 02-23-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Ticking? Gone?