Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Throttle like and on off switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 PM
MLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle like and on off switch

I have a 05 5.4 with 98K and the throttle feels like there is nothing for the first 10% and then boom I got more than enough. It is hard to drive smoothly and or it is just flat with no throttle until it gets to like 10%.

Any thoughts?

Also I just had all the fluids serviced. Tranny, transfer case, front and rear diff's. About 2 months latter I lost the tranny, replaced that for 3K and now my rear diff is shuddering under slow acceleration when turning. I have a limited slip rear and I am pretty sure they did not put the additive for the limited slip in the diff oil.

Am I thinking right? or is it something else.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 PM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw on Here before it was a trick it was diamond bird trick or something like that. Well anyways your suppose to get in your truck turn key to on not started but where you see dash lights. And push your gas pedal to the floor real slow. And let up fast. And do it a couple of times. And its suppose to be a throttle response fix.
The following users liked this post:
MLS (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
MLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the throttle thing this morning and it seemed to help. Thanks.

Anyone know anything about the diff issues?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The differential but some friction modifier (if you have a posi rear end) and see if that helps, it should.
Your second reply was pretty much right on with trying the diamond bird calibration.
Here is what you do;
with your truck off, turn the ignition key to the run position.
Depress the accelerator very slowly until the pedal bottoms out (reaches the floor)
Release pressure on the accelerator fast, almost like taking your foot off the pedal. Turn the key off. Wait 10 seconds and repeat the process 2 more times.
Then you are done with that. I had that throttle lag too. You might have to do it once in a while, especially if you disconnect your battery.
When you do the calibration I believe it calibrates the TPS sensor.
Otherwise, check for a sticky about the throttle lag, truck runs rough fix. If I find it I will put a link on here to it. It applies to the 5.4.https://www.f150forum.com/f4/bog-dow...solved-166431/

Last edited by '08f150stx; 10-09-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add a link
The following users liked this post:
MLS (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by '08f150stx
The differential but some friction modifier (if you have a posi rear end) and see if that helps, it should.
Your second reply was pretty much right on with trying the diamond bird calibration.
Here is what you do;
with your truck off, turn the ignition key to the run position.
Depress the accelerator very slowly until the pedal bottoms out (reaches the floor)
Release pressure on the accelerator fast, almost like taking your foot off the pedal. Turn the key off. Wait 10 seconds and repeat the process 2 more times.
Then you are done with that. I had that throttle lag too. You might have to do it once in a while, especially if you disconnect your battery.
When you do the calibration I believe it calibrates the TPS sensor.
Otherwise, check for a sticky about the throttle lag, truck runs rough fix. If I find it I will put a link on here to it. It applies to the 5.4.https://www.f150forum.com/f4/bog-dow...solved-166431/
Yeah i forgot all of it. I was just trying to tell him everything i remembered and what it was called so he could look it up so he would know exactly.

Quick Reply: Throttle like and on off switch