Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle Body Spacer

My trucks been running a trouble code for the throttle body and I plan to just replace the whole thing. I figured while I had it off it would be a good time 2 look into a throttle body spacer. Does anybody know anything about them? What are the good and bad things about them? And can you even tell much of a difference with them.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

If you do a search on "throttle body spacer", you'll see that the majority vote is to not waste your money on them. They do little if anything at all for the Ford engines.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 AM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have heard they turn your truck into a whistler. So when you're chillin at a light and a hot girl is next to you all you have to do is mash the gas pedal.

Other than that I think it be best to save your money.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Mustang Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a stack of papers on your desk and you wish to turn on a ceiling fan above said desk, place your throttle body spacer on top of said stack of papers to prevent them from no longer being on said desk.

Throttle body spacers don't work. No HP, no TQ, no MPG. I've been tuning modular Fords (mustangs) since 2001 and they are a complete waste of money. It would take quite a post for me to explain why air/fuel ratios must remain in a certain stochiometric range and how the computer adjusts air and fuel levels automatically to remain in that range, but it's just easier for me to tell you not to waste your money.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright I guess ill just save my money. Thanks for the info
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
If you have a stack of papers on your desk and you wish to turn on a ceiling fan above said desk, place your throttle body spacer on top of said stack of papers to prevent them from no longer being on said desk.

Throttle body spacers don't work. No HP, no TQ, no MPG. I've been tuning modular Fords (mustangs) since 2001 and they are a complete waste of money. It would take quite a post for me to explain why air/fuel ratios must remain in a certain stochiometric range and how the computer adjusts air and fuel levels automatically to remain in that range, but it's just easier for me to tell you not to waste your money.
Well said.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 PM
us army hooker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know........ I think that I would like the whistle!! LOL
but yea I wouldnt waste my money!!

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer