Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Thieves...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Thieves...

I hate them...they are laziest of all criminals preying on everyone else's hard earned goods because they're "too good" to do good. Also, you would figure Ford would do something about the fact their trucks are easy to break into through the lock barrel. Granted, they are the most driven truck so there are plenty to "practice" on and whatnot...just irritates me.

First they tried breaking the lock...

That didn't work...

So they smashed the window...

Took only my backpack with some stuff in it, nothing too major...

However, they left this bag. Most will say "so what"...well, I teach concealed handgun licensing which is advertised very well on my truck. Wouldn't one think that a "gun truck" with and Academy bag in it may contain a gun or two? This one didn't, it's my gym bag, but they didn't look through it or anything....but, that is all assuming the common thief is smart...
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

So they didn't any of your guns ?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Thieves and those that lie are the worst two classes of people.

You might have involked the thief by leaving a bag in clear view. Most likely a drug user in need of easy cash to get their next fix.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Likely done by kids / amatures - a smash & grab. Just take what is easy to reach and check to see what you got later.

If your truck advertises gun business that may have piqued their interest.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by bourgeois1269
So they didn't any of your guns ?
No, I had my carry gun on me, and the truck gun is in a console vault.

Originally Posted by Bucko
Thieves and those that lie are the worst two classes of people.

You might have involked the thief by leaving a bag in clear view. Most likely a drug user in need of easy cash to get their next fix.
I agree...The bag in view may have been the tipping point, but not the reason for their interest (I'll explain that more below).

Originally Posted by dcrabby
Likely done by kids / amatures - a smash & grab. Just take what is easy to reach and check to see what you got later.

If your truck advertises gun business that may have piqued their interest.
It wasn't kids, and not likely amateurs as I later found out this shopping/eating center is actually hit a lot. I agree the advertisement may have brought them to my truck but I'm a mobile service so I need it on there.

The reason I know so much about the thieves is I have a dashcam that I leave running when parked. After I parked you can see their car circling the parking lot (waiting for me to go into the restaurant) before they finally back into the spot next to mine and do their thing. While backing in, they gave me a great view of the license plate. The cops ran the plate and came back to a rental car which could hopefully lead to the renter's driver's license... Now hopefully they can track them down and arrest someone. I know my stuff is gone, but I would to see them get charged and sentenced followed by me suing them for damages. High hopes, but who knows!

Just glad I opted for the more expensive cam where you're able to read license plate info! That's the lazy @$$e$ in the Impala.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade339
No, I had my carry gun on me, and the truck gun is in a console vault.

I agree...The bag in view may have been the tipping point, but not the reason for their interest (I'll explain that more below).

It wasn't kids, and not likely amateurs as I later found out this shopping/eating center is actually hit a lot. I agree the advertisement may have brought them to my truck but I'm a mobile service so I need it on there.

The reason I know so much about the thieves is I have a dashcam that I leave running when parked. After I parked you can see their car circling the parking lot (waiting for me to go into the restaurant) before they finally back into the spot next to mine and do their thing. While backing in, they gave me a great view of the license plate. The cops ran the plate and came back to a rental car which could hopefully lead to the renter's driver's license... Now hopefully they can track them down and arrest someone. I know my stuff is gone, but I would to see them get charged and sentenced followed by me suing them for damages. High hopes, but who knows!

Just glad I opted for the more expensive cam where you're able to read license plate info! That's the lazy @$$e$ in the Impala.

What cam do you have?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by majerus
What cam do you have?
Amazon.com : Falcon Zero F170 Dashcam Full-hd 1080p, 170° Wide Angle Lens, Car DVR Dash Cam with GPS Route Tracking, Superior Quality Night Vision ~ 64gb SD Card Included ~ Includes Top of the Line Customized GPS Route Tracking Software for Pc/mac ~ : Electronics Amazon.com : Falcon Zero F170 Dashcam Full-hd 1080p, 170° Wide Angle Lens, Car DVR Dash Cam with GPS Route Tracking, Superior Quality Night Vision ~ 64gb SD Card Included ~ Includes Top of the Line Customized GPS Route Tracking Software for Pc/mac ~ : Electronics
Old 07-14-2015, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's so very cool that you got the car on video. Did it take a lot of convincing the officer that that was the person responsible in the car? Because the video didn't actually show them doing it? I never thought about leaving a dashcam on when parked. Something else to add to my to do list.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ikantbreave
That's so very cool that you got the car on video. Did it take a lot of convincing the officer that that was the person responsible in the car? Because the video didn't actually show them doing it? I never thought about leaving a dashcam on when parked. Something else to add to my to do list.
Not really...the whole video shows them pulling forward, backing into the spot out of view, pulling slightly forward back into the frame a bit, the truck shaking from the attempts (plus the audio), then them hauling @$$ away about 10 seconds after you hear the glass break.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

If that can't lead to an arrest I don't know what will. You'd think any detective could track them down with that much information. Good luck and keep us posted.