Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Is there a molding/accessory panel for this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is there a molding/accessory panel for this?

Some of us F150 owners have the 2-tone paint jobs where the extreme lower section of the side of the truck is painted a different color. Mine is a light gray matched up with the rest of my primary truck color, a charcoal gray. I was hoping to find a black accessory panel that I could just cover this lower area with. In essense, I would be changing it to black with a covering panel instead of having it repainted balck. I know there are skirts out there, but is there such a thing as a panel meant to cover this area to your choice of color. Maybe made of some of this neoprene type stuff or plasic panel that fender additions are made of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i have never heard of anything like that, why dont you just paint it. i think it would probably look better. you could probably make your own too. just get a big roll of black sticker from one of those places that makes custom stickers and rol it onto the truck. might look pretty good if you take youur time.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Sounds simple enough madeSICC... but with so many type of accessories out there, I thought surely there existed something like this. It would be quick and easy, no paint required, and you could remove them and have the old paint job back again if you ever wanted it. Surely these panels exist. If not, I need to invent them.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure if a product is available for what you are looking for but I would highly advise you get it repainted if you want to change the color. It will look better in the end and you won't run into issue with the panel trapping water etc.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Again... very good point, but I still think it should be an option somewhere.

Quick Reply: Is there a molding/accessory panel for this?