Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Is there any 'real' order for....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Go Chiefs!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any 'real' order for....

For one, I'm pretty new to this forum and owning a new(er) truck here. I'd like to purchase exhaust, CAI, and a performance tuner. So the question is for me, is there really any order to which I need to buy them in so that my truck will run smoother/better with a certain item first. Thanks for the help, and hopefully this doesnt rank too high on the 'stupid question list' !!

(2006 Lariat 5.4L) - just incase
Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Ford Junkie

i would have to say that the exhaust and the cold air can go in any order but id put the performance tuner on last because the tuner will ask what mods you have so it can program your truck to its full power and if you do the tuner on first you will have to redo it after you add the cold air and maybe the exhaust.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MossyOakMan
For one, I'm pretty new to this forum and owning a new(er) truck here. I'd like to purchase exhaust, CAI, and a performance tuner. So the question is for me, is there really any order to which I need to buy them in so that my truck will run smoother/better with a certain item first. Thanks for the help, and hopefully this doesnt rank too high on the 'stupid question list' !!

(2006 Lariat 5.4L) - just incase
Depends on the intake.....but the tuner should be last or ordered and then gather the other stuff while waiting for tunes.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Go Chiefs!

Right on, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Quick Reply: Is there any 'real' order for....