Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Are there any 2008 factory EMU reflashs out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any 2008 factory EMU reflashs out?

My father has a 2008 f-150 5.4L and he is looking to see if there are any new maps/flashes for his vehical. He called the stealership today and asked if there was anything new out and a very rude employee jumped his case and told him such things were illegal and did not exist. I know better than this and told him the guy was full of bs. Basically what he's looking for is the 2009 fuel mpg and HP boost. From what he's been able to find there are no changes in the "bolt on" parts so this leads us to believe it's nothing more than a better tune. Maybe there is something different dunno and if there is what is it. any help is apprectated.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 PM
2008 XLT Supercrew

Originally Posted by turborx8
My father has a 2008 f-150 5.4L and he is looking to see if there are any new maps/flashes for his vehical. He called the stealership today and asked if there was anything new out and a very rude employee jumped his case and told him such things were illegal and did not exist. I know better than this and told him the guy was full of bs. Basically what he's looking for is the 2009 fuel mpg and HP boost. From what he's been able to find there are no changes in the "bolt on" parts so this leads us to believe it's nothing more than a better tune. Maybe there is something different dunno and if there is what is it. any help is apprectated.
Can't answer your actual question, but to say that there are no "bolt on" differencess that might account for higher HP and better MPGs would seem to ignore things like a new 6 speed transmission. I am sure that there are other actual physical differences that account for the HP and MPG differences and doubt that much is purely software, except as relates or works with the physical changes.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 PM

My guess is they make changes to where the horse power goes. The specs are 300 hp and 365 ft-lb of torque. You'll probably only see 205-210 hp at the wheels. What I've seen from other vehicles is that there isn't much change in the major components in the drive train. They modify small thinks like sensors and ignition components. They'll put in a electric fan versus shaft driven. Thats 20 hp right there. Whether they did that to the fan I don't know but that usually how they get more power and hp from later year vehicles in the same generation.

Quick Reply: Are there any 2008 factory EMU reflashs out?