Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Switch DRL's from Low Beam to Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question Switch DRL's from Low Beam to Fog Lights?

Hey there, i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has switched their DRL's from the low beam to the fog lights? I have recently just installed an HID headlight upgrade and prefer not to have them on during the day while i drive around, so instead id like to have the fogs come on as the DRL's. I think i have an idea of how to do this but if there is anyone that can give me some pointers for when i go to do this that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just disable the drl and have none at all. its always seemed dumb to have the lights on during the day.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 PM

Wondering the same thing myself. I would rather use my Fog's for my Daytime running. There has to be a way to trace the wiring to swap out the Fogs.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:00 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd be careful you use stock bulbs to prevent burning out the housings. You should be able to pull the DRL power before the DRL resistor (by the front bumper) and run it straight to the fogs.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
I'd be careful you use stock bulbs to prevent burning out the housings. You should be able to pull the DRL power before the DRL resistor (by the front bumper) and run it straight to the fogs.

I never had an issue with burning my housing. Ran my fogs for 36 continuous hours on a road trip once, with no issues. I swear, it seems my HID fogs get hotter than stock....it started to worry me for a bit, but have no issues yet.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
I never had an issue with burning my housing. Ran my fogs for 36 continuous hours on a road trip once, with no issues. I swear, it seems my HID fogs get hotter than stock....it started to worry me for a bit, but have no issues yet.
I think most of the melting issues were with hotter halogen bulbs (H10s IIRC)

Quick Reply: Switch DRL's from Low Beam to Fog Lights?