Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Superchips Programmer Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Programmer Help

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2004 F150 5.4L V8 (Not Heritage). It has aftermarket wheels and tires and from ground level to the top is 32inches and it was bigger than the computer is calibrated to so I just recently got the Superchips Mileage XS Programmer and I have plugged it into the truck and ran it to adjust speedometer and maybe help out with the mpg's a little, however I was unclear on the WOT Shift Point Adjustment and pressure. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this programmer or any like it and could tell me a good set of shift points to set it at. It is currently set for the auto program shift points but I was just curious as to what a good adjustment would be if I adjusted it manually.

Thanks-
Old 08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
F150 Forum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I my experience when you increase your WOT shift points you may see a performance change in how your vehicle drives but you may also risk loosing mileage in the process if you go too extreme because the vehicle will stay in gear longer the higher you set the point.

Give my customer service a call at 888-227-2447 and ask one of the tech's about the pro's and con's to your inquiry. I am sure they can assist you in finding a happy medium.

Scott

Quick Reply: Superchips Programmer Help