Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Super Crew rear seat lock box...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Super Crew rear seat lock box...

I'm looking for an under the rear seat style lock box. I need something that is made out of steel with a good lock for rifle storage. I can't seem to find anything for our year.

I found this one from Tuffy, its exactly what I'm looking for but can't find something similar for the 04-08 models...
https://www.pro.tuffyproducts.com/p-...subwoofer.aspx

Anyone know of solutions??? Besides building my own of course

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Super Crew rear seat lock box...-424_4_.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 PM

www.du-ha.com/
Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 4nwtf
Yeah I've seen the duha ones, and they look quite versital, don't get me wrong.
But I feel like they would be too easy to break into. I mean they are just made out of plastic. You could proly bend the front down to get in there or cut through it with a sharp knife...

I'm half tempted to buy one of those DUHA guys and build a steel box around it haha. Just would be easier to spend a few extra bucks and have on eto drop in...
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Ford Dealership

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 4nwtf

Those boxes look pretty nice, wish they had a better design for their locking setup though, but all in all it looks good. I like how they even think about new jack storage. Might have to get me one of these.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Swegner99
Those boxes look pretty nice, wish they had a better design for their locking setup though, but all in all it looks good. I like how they even think about new jack storage. Might have to get me one of these.
That is my exact dilemma. The one from TUFFY in the OP definitely has the locking system figured out.
I am concerned because I am moving to IL and they are VERY strict about what constitutes a "gun case". That TUFFY design is the only thing that will make me feel safe about being in "compliance"

I did notice the jack storage too, I already put my jack and tool kit in those spots to free up space under the seats!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to do the same thing but the problem I found was the lump in the middle of the floor was not working with all of the boxes I found well and the mount for the seat post up if you find anything that works
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jrmongi
I wanted to do the same thing but the problem I found was the lump in the middle of the floor was not working with all of the boxes I found well and the mount for the seat post up if you find anything that works
Yeah the hump was the thing that looked like the biggest issue for me.

I haven't had much luck, I cant believe tuffy doesn't make them for the earlier generation truck!

I'm about to just buy that new tuffy model and cut a section out of the bottom to make it fit my truck! I was trying to keep myself from having to go and buy materials and cut weld and grind then paint stuff though on this one... :/
Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 AM

Bump...

This is frustrating, of course when I have the extra cash to just buy the stuff I need, I can't find it for sale.
I would fab my own but I'm too busy with work to find the time thats the catch 22 I guess.
I haven't found anything else. SO when I get a free weekend I'll be posting pics on a custom steel lock box fab for the rear seat... Maybe I'll make a kit and sell them cause apparently no one else does!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
06 f150 larait

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Swegner99
whered they put the jack? i dont see it.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a du-ha box. i have 2 mossberg 500's in it. i love it. the only bad thing is that it doesn't fit a rifle with a scope on it. but you can't even tell there's anything under there that has anything worth anything. if that even makes sense. i'm not one bit worried about somebody breaking into it. as long as your back seat is down, they're not gonna have any idea.

Quick Reply: Super Crew rear seat lock box...