Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Super Crew Audio Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Crew Audio Help

I know a little about subs, but as you all know my son is coming back from Iraq and he told me to pick up a subs, amp, and sub box. I've been doing lots of research for him. He said he wanted a box that supports dual 12'' subs. I have only found 1 box on the internet that meets those requirements but the problem is you have to remove the Jack and lift the rear seat.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commer...d=123&catId=52

Is it possible that anyone knows of another box that supports dual 12'' subs without having to lift the seat? Or another setup that does not install under the seat? A ported sub enclosure is preferred but not required. I'm getting pretty old and I don't really want to do all the work it requires, I will if I have to but at 60yrs old my body just isn't working the same.

The truck I'm working with is a 2005 Super Crew Cab F150 FX4.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:24 PM

i went to a place i trust and know very well. i told them i wanted the biggest speakers i could fit without basically remodeling my backseat and they said i could only fit 2 10"s. the box just slides under the rear seats and can be removed that easily. i have the JL Audio stealth box, not sure of the model number but its made for supercrew 04-08 which i believe you can find on their web site. also some places actually make their own boxes off the specs. of the JL boxes which was how mine was constructed and i paid a fraction of the price.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
pintye30

get a custom box done. it fits 2 12inch rockford p3s with a custom seat to match the rest of the seats. im about to get the box in black leather

Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM

The only problem is he wants two 12's and the stealthboxes don't support that. I would do it custom made but I believe I would still have to angle it so much and have shallow mount subs. What do you guys think?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 PM

imo if you want to keep the stock look you're gonna have to go with 2 10"s. instead of investing all this money into the box you should invest it in the subs. there are so many 10"s that thump and hit as hard as any 12"s. if you can afford look into JL, hands down the best and it's not that sh*t you buy at best buy.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You can fit 2 12" shallow subs (if you take out the jack)...Otherwise you can only fit a single in there. Its impossible to fit 2 subs without removing the jack (or taking out the back seat and going full custom etc etc etc look up loganberry on this site...He is a guru on this stuff
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 PM

go to foxacoustics.com you can get two 10s without lifting the seat only moving the jack. they will fit jl audio 10w3's a very good sub that will probably out hit most 12s that will fit in the truck. Just a suggestion and the box is very well built.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 PM

So this is what I got figured out for the truck so far. After discussing it with him we have decided to do only one 12'' He wants to run it at 2 ohms

The Sub, he wants to be able to get his lows nice and crisp. Its no JL Audio but its also half the price. gets really loud (kids)...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...2+-S12C2-.html

The Amp however is JL audio, I got this one just in case he decides to get a better sub in the future.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...dio+G-MAX.html

The sub box, I know I can find this exact one, so I will shop around for it just before I buy everything.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Unloaded-.html

If anyone can think of a better sub set up let me know. I finally persuaded him to go ahead and get rid of the factory speakers and get a complete new system. Do you guys think he will need a multi channel amp for this? Any manufactures I should avoid when purchasing new drivers and tweeters? Should I buy in component system or buy a set of speakers for the front and back and then buy my own tweeters and crossovers?

If anyone is nice enough put a better setup together including the 4 drivers, tweeters, crossovers, sub, box, and amp for 1100$ post it up for me. Just keep in mind he wants to turn heads but he wants to keep his quality sound.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

ive got a q-logic f150 spec box with a shallow mount Pioneer 10in....and its plenty loud.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:17 AM

Just a suggestion sir. Check the mounting depth on the sub to make sure it will fit in the subwoofer box. I looked at it and the box did not specify a mounting depth. Contact sonicelectronix and ask them for the specs i am going to speculate and say the sub wont fit due to the mounting depth required of the sub itself. It is a good sub and the amp is perfect for it if it does fit. also I have bought equipment from them, they are a good priced company.

Quick Reply: Super Crew Audio Help