Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

sunroof forgot how to CLOSE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sunroof forgot how to CLOSE !!!

So I got a 2005 f150 fx4 (well maintained). I never use my sun roof /moon roof it worked just fine the only problem was the rubber seal on the glass. It would leak a little bit and I would see a small water stain on my roof liner around the sun roof not much but it bugged me So I order the the oem gasket. Got it now for the install played with the sun roof its working just fine closes , opens no problem to get it into a good position to remove glass and that was the vent position 4 screws and its out of there no problem remove old gasket new one goes on all is good. I check sunroof rails before I put glass back in both sides look the same nothing broke track is free. Put glass back in exact location (easy to pin point paint still had gloss behind the washers) I go from vent to close no problems perfect fit. Then go from closed to open, works just fine. Go from open to closed PROBLEMS cant hear the motor go at all just does nothing. I hit open again and I can hear the motor engage. I ended up removing the head liner just enough to get an allen wrench on the motor to manually turn its a bit stiff but was smooth no snags got it back to fully closed. Now do I have horrible luck new gasket then motor or switch goes out. took switch apart cleaned contacts same result only will open. So am I missing something let me know please

Quick Reply: sunroof forgot how to CLOSE !!!