Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Summit Racing exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Summit Racing exhaust?

Anyone had any experience with this exhaust? Looking to free up my stock exhaust, but don't feel like dropping the $ for the name on the exhaust. I can't seem to find any clips online of the sound.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:14 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Consider simply having the stock muffler replaced with that of a turbo muffler. The largest restriction on our trucks is the huge muffler used. Most exhaust shops will cut your old one off, slide a muffler on, start the truck and let you listen to the sound before welding it all up.

And, Go Gators!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
Consider simply having the stock muffler replaced with that of a turbo muffler. The largest restriction on our trucks is the huge muffler used. Most exhaust shops will cut your old one off, slide a muffler on, start the truck and let you listen to the sound before welding it all up.

And, Go Gators!
X2, I did exactly that, they threw on a MF Tru-X DiDo, the money for me was in the labor and the nice MF 4"x18" tips I bought, but if I just went with replacing the muffler with a DiSo, they said it would have been like half, but still, $600 for a custom almost-full exhaust wasn't bad, I looove my magnaflow, no drone, nice little pop when Ur in it, and it almost sounds mildly (and silently) Cammed when she's all warmed up
Old 04-23-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

take a look @ Gibson Exhaust; they have sound clips available at their web site. We had a Toyota tundra come into the shop this week with a dual system. Looked great and wasn't obnoxious-sounded good.

If you order the Stainless Steel system-comes with Lifetime Warranty.

Quick Reply: Summit Racing exhaust?