Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

stuff stolen while at ford getting work done.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 AM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

2 weeks ago I hit a deer and took my truck to a local ford dealer body shop. I also paid them to fix a dent and a rust spot around the gas door.while it was their I had 2 things stolen out of my consol. A kershaw pocket knife and a pair of polarized spy sunglasses. I contacted the body shop and they are going to call me today with a solution. Total lost about $170.00. What should ford do for me to make this right?

Last edited by ToughFX4; 01-23-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ToughFX4
2 weeks ago I hit a deer and took my truck to a local ford dealer body shop. I also paid them to fix a dent and a rust spot around the gas door.while it was their I had 2 things stolen out of my consol. A kershaw pocket knife and a pair of polarized spy sunglasses. I contacted the body shop and they are going to call me today with a solution. Total lost about $170.00. What should ford do for me to make this right?
It sux you had stuff go missing, but pretty sure thier waiver form you signed probably stated they are not responsible stuff that goes MIA.
They will probably refer back to that clause and say "Are you 100% sure it was in there when you dropped off the truck?", possibly making you cast doubt on it, yourself, but offering no solution.

Rule of thumb is, if there is something you want to still have when you get the truck back, remove it before leaving it somewhere that various folks may have access. Luckily, it was just sun glasses and a pocket knife and you didn't leave your check book or wallet in there.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I take my truck to the dealer, anywhere to get work done to it, I take everything out except the insurance card and maintenance records.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 AM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

almost all dealers have a sign or disclaimer somewhere saying there not held reliable if something is stolen out of your car.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by PenTheMonster
When I take my truck to the dealer, anywhere to get work done to it, I take everything out except the insurance card and maintenance records.
Yea I did,everything but a notepad, sunglasses,knife. Guess they didn't want my notepad!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM

I only sighed a waiver for a rental car and one for them to charge the insurance company for the work done when I picked up the truck.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a camera in my brothers truck a couple of years ago and went missing when he took it in at the dealer. I asked where my camera was and they said they hadn't seen a camera. A week later I'm at my ex's grandmas house and saw my camera! Asked her grandma where she got the camera from she said her friend that works with the dealer grabbed it from a grey single cab truck, which was my brothers, and gave it to her. I told her it was mine she then told me she'll call the cops if I took it. I told her to call cuz the camera had all my pics. So she let me leave. I told the dealer and they fired the guy and apologized for his actions. That's why I take everything out. It was just a $300 camera but still I hate people that steal.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is unfortunate that this has happened. I myself always take all my valuables out when I have my stuff worked on. Its just too bad there are low lifes out there that would steal items out of customers vehicles. I hope you get your items back.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mustang1226
It is unfortunate that this has happened. I myself always take all my valuables out when I have my stuff worked on. Its just too bad there are low lifes out there that would steal items out of customers vehicles. I hope you get your items back.
They are going to cut me check for the items. Bad thing is they don't even know who stole the stuff. It will just happen again.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I take my tag. Think that's extreme? Take a day off work, go stand in line for a while and then call me extreme.

Quick Reply: stuff stolen while at ford getting work done.