Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

straight pipe exhaust set-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight pipe exhaust set-up

what do you recommend for a deep constant growl so that people will know its not a stock exhaust - looking for something similar to the new escalade, its constant growl thats loud at WOT
im currently setup with the 5.4 3v and an afe stage 2 intake
any suggestions would be great
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to not answer your question but how do you like your afe? Have one too haha but if you want loud and want true staright pipes dont even put an exhaust on just run staright pipes from your cat back
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 PM

or just get ahold of cut-outs
Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 PM

love the sound it gives when around 1900rpm, 2200 and 3000
very deep, people noticed a difference, not so much in performance but sound, no so sure on mileage but when i get a tuner ill check to see what im running mpg wise
Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM

i saw about 1-2 mpg on mine. Does it shake the inside of your cab at wot
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 AM

no shake when at WOT just a deep growl from under the hood
Old 02-26-2009, 04:46 AM

anyone have a recommendation for straight pipes?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Hi there, here is what I have. I got a borla sido cat back with an electric cut out and hi flow cats, my personal thought is that the truck even with the cutout open with my setup is still quiet at idle. But then again I'm just a young dumb 20 year old punk. However she roars under load. If I where you I would go to summit racing and by a cutout and electric controller and install that. Because I like to talk to the people in the truck when I'm riding with them. Any throttle and you can't hear when straight piped. Plus I noticed when driving with the cutout open milage goes to crap and trust me I hardly go to wot when the cutout is open cuz it is LOUD! Where I live (a nicer suburb of cleveland, ohio) people look at me like I don't belong with my loud monstrosity so I like to beable to quiet the noise.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BoatBoy1069
Hi there, here is what I have. I got a borla sido cat back with an electric cut out and hi flow cats, my personal thought is that the truck even with the cutout open with my setup is still quiet at idle. But then again I'm just a young dumb 20 year old punk. However she roars under load. If I where you I would go to summit racing and by a cutout and electric controller and install that. Because I like to talk to the people in the truck when I'm riding with them. Any throttle and you can't hear when straight piped. Plus I noticed when driving with the cutout open milage goes to crap and trust me I hardly go to wot when the cutout is open cuz it is LOUD! Where I live (a nicer suburb of cleveland, ohio) people look at me like I don't belong with my loud monstrosity so I like to beable to quiet the noise.
I was gonna say.....you rolling around westlake w/ cutouts... neighbors no like you.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 4.6L, I have no muffler at all. I only have 2 cats also. It's rather loud but I love it. I like to be able to get on it and people look at the truck...I was told just last week that my truck sounds like a mustang..haha If it was only as fast. Anyways, I would recommend no muffler if you want the noise. It is noisy when your going down the road but if you have a sound system and like to listen to it medium loud then you can't hear the exhaust anyways.

Quick Reply: straight pipe exhaust set-up