Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Stock fender flares questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
The Camo Kid

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Stock fender flares questions.

I just recently had my truck repaired from an accident they body shop replaced one of my flares now the rest of them look faded and S****y. Is there something I can do to restore them or would I be better off painting them? If you have painted yours can you post pics so I can see how it looks. Also How hard is it to get them off of the truck?

BTW my truck is a black Fx4.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Here is my before and after. I took them off the truck and hung them up and painted them with Krylon black plastic paint and then a couple coats of clear. It was kind of a bi**h getting them off because of the pins. I just said screw it and destroyed the pins and got new ones from Advance Auto. They look MUCH better than when I originally got the truck.

The before picture is about a month after I got my truck and the after picture was about a month ago. Ive had them painted for about 9 months and they still look brand new.

Before:

After:

Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 PM
The Camo Kid

Cool man thanks! I took my front passenger side off tonight before it got dark, you're right that thing was a pain in the **** to get off. Im gonna just plasti-dip it for now to see how I like it though.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by jn_h
Cool man thanks! I took my front passenger side off tonight before it got dark, you're right that thing was a pain in the **** to get off. Im gonna just plasti-dip it for now to see how I like it though.
haha..yeah i just ended up taking pliars to the plastic pins after trying to preserve them on the 4th one...not worth it. Good luck! Itll look much much better.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently had my truck repaired from an accident they body shop replaced one of my flares now the rest of them look faded and S****y. Is there something I can do to restore them or would I be better off painting them? If you have painted yours can you post pics so I can see how it looks. Also How hard is it to get them off of the truck?

BTW my truck is a black Fx4.
If it's not to late. Just take a heat gun to them and they will become dark black again.
You can check it out on YouTube.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Mark

Received 2,414 Likes on 2,115 Posts

I use a product called Black restore...made by Bondo...found it at Pep Boys...works great , makes them look new for a few months....your's look great 06...nice job...I just use Black restore on my cowl...made it look allot better, I will pull it next time and paint it.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your into the rugged look the diy bedliner stuff looks good on there and last forever. Should look real goof on your black truck
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
The Camo Kid

I ended up using dupli-color bed armor they make it in a aerosol can which looks a lot better than the roll on. I'll post up pics tomorrow, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Meek One

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I ended up using dupli-color bed armor they make it in a aerosol can which looks a lot better than the roll on. I'll post up pics tomorrow, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
Did the bed armor last on the flares? I've used it on plastic items before with varied results.

Quick Reply: Stock fender flares questions.