Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Steering wheel swap for radio controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Steering wheel swap for radio controls

Is there a steering wheel from another year or model I could swap out on my 2007 F150 that has stereo controls? I just installed a Jenson vx7020 Double Din and really want steering wheel controls. i have looked on Ebay and I think a wheel from a Lariat might work. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I just added lariat steering wheel controls to my xlt when I switch to the EATC system. 1. If your truck doesn't have the radio controls you have to ad the wires in the column cause your truck isn't wired for it if its not a Lariat or other upper end model. You don't have to change the steering wheel if you can find just the switches, and you already have cruise control switches in the steering wheel. 2. you will have to pull the steering wheel if you want to do it right. 3. if you have an aftermarket radio you will have to buy a module so the radio and steering wheel controls will work together. Easy job and you do not have to have it programmed by the dealer. Down side is unless you are switching to the EATC the temp and fan speed buttons wont work
The following 2 users liked this post by TsSupercrew:
abranchizio (03-12-2016), tommy45 (01-06-2019)
Old 03-12-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TsSupercrew
Yes, I just added lariat steering wheel controls to my xlt when I switch to the EATC system. 1. If your truck doesn't have the radio controls you have to ad the wires in the column cause your truck isn't wired for it if its not a Lariat or other upper end model. You don't have to change the steering wheel if you can find just the switches, and you already have cruise control switches in the steering wheel. 2. you will have to pull the steering wheel if you want to do it right. 3. if you have an aftermarket radio you will have to buy a module so the radio and steering wheel controls will work together. Easy job and you do not have to have it programmed by the dealer. Down side is unless you are switching to the EATC the temp and fan speed buttons wont work
Can I ask where you bought your switches and what they cost? Did you find anyone online that has posted a video of the swap? I am not afraid to pull my wheel, just wondering how to route the wires so they don't twist up when turning the steering wheel all the way in one direction.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel swap for radio controls