Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Steering stabilizer with Rough Country 6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steering stabilizer with Rough Country 6" lift

Hey guys I am looking for a steering stabilizer single or dual setup that works with my 6" Rough Country lift. I also have a 3" body lift and plan on running 38x15.50" tires come spring. Does anyone know a kit that works with a rough country lift or know the best way to make one work. I see Fabtech, Procomp, BDS, and Skyjacker make steering stabilizers that are suppose to only work with their brand lift. Any Ideas? Thanks for the help
Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AllJackedUpF1504X4
Hey guys I am looking for a steering stabilizer single or dual setup that works with my 6" Rough Country lift. I also have a 3" body lift and plan on running 38x15.50" tires come spring. Does anyone know a kit that works with a rough country lift or know the best way to make one work. I see Fabtech, Procomp, BDS, and Skyjacker make steering stabilizers that are suppose to only work with their brand lift. Any Ideas? Thanks for the help
I have the fabtech steering stabilizers on my truck with my rough country lift. Works great! With 35x12.50 tires
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Firefighter83
I have the fabtech steering stabilizers on my truck with my rough country lift. Works great! With 35x12.50 tires
Do you have part #'s for these? I've seen a couple people using other manufacturer's stabilizers on rcx lifts and I've thought about trying them on mine. Just want to be sure that I'm looking at the right parts if I decide to order them.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Firefighter83
Did it bolt right in with no issues? Do you use a single or dual stabilizer? I would like to know the part numbers too if you got them.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Sorry I have been really busy. Just put fender flares on and while I was under I found that bot stabilizers have blown. The fluid is leaking out so I don't know if I would waste your money on them. They were nice when they worked but not now.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I was having some shaking issues with my truck so I thought I'd ask rough country if I could add steering stabilizers to the 6" kit and this was their email response to me: "No steering stabalizers for this system. its a rack and pinion steering. have you had aligned? tires balanced?"

Turned out my wheel weights had been thrown so I have no issue now, but I can understand wanting steering stabilizers if you're gonna go up to 38s. I'm sure there's a way to make it work, a lot of times the actual companies can't suggest anything but what they're scripted to say and 100% positive of. I'd actually still like to do steering stabilizers too if someone can figure it out for good.

Sorry to hear about your mishap^ :/
Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by abouzahrr
I was having some shaking issues with my truck so I thought I'd ask rough country if I could add steering stabilizers to the 6" kit and this was their email response to me: "No steering stabalizers for this system. its a rack and pinion steering. have you had aligned? tires balanced?"

Turned out my wheel weights had been thrown so I have no issue now, but I can understand wanting steering stabilizers if you're gonna go up to 38s. I'm sure there's a way to make it work, a lot of times the actual companies can't suggest anything but what they're scripted to say and 100% positive of. I'd actually still like to do steering stabilizers too if someone can figure it out for good.

Sorry to hear about your mishap^ :/
Yeah I guess with all the pot holes in the northeast this winter it did them in. Anyway does your rough country sit level? Mine seems to sit a inch lower in the rear. Wondering if you have had this problem or not. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Mmm I don't think my truck sits exactly level, I've got a rake like the factory so if anything my front end may sit like half an inch lower but it looks level.. So I guess I haven't had that problem
Old 03-10-2014, 11:26 PM

Mine was sitting an 1" low in the rear so I left my 1" block from my leveling kit in. I am going to take the block out and put a 2" add a leaf in tho. I still wanna run a steering stabilizer setup in mine with the 38s even tho you had that issue with them leaking. Was it hard to make the fabtech kit work with the rough country lift? By the way my 38x15.50s will be at my house tomorrow!!!! Can't wait to see them.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Steering stabilizer with Rough Country 6" lift-image-476893995.jpg

New tires next to my factory size winter tires. They might be a little bit wider lol

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer with Rough Country 6" lift